Sponge Float

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just aren't willing to accept anything that is different.
Are some people saying that it is ok to to use a sponge when you are in the crap? If sponging gives an inferior finish, it is ok to leave an inferior finish if you are in the crap?
Sounds like the sponge thing works for some people.

what ! plastic trowels for sand and cement . where do u get these trowels and how much ? what size trowels

DSC00053-1.jpg

:flapper:soo you are saying that you can get it looking as good as this with a plaz or whatever your on about well i use a sponge and poly float sorry :flapper:

dont you read as mention it was a - Smooth wall - Not textured, that i wasnt talking about. funny looking smooth wall

what ! plastic trowels for sand and cement . where do u get these trowels and how much ? what size trowels

Refina's website look for s*p*r*lex plastic, the do various sizes but can all be used for S and C. they flatten the S and C and you can also rub up with them when the timing is right depending on suction

Do us a favour dello can you run us through how you would approach a wall float finish and using using you're plastic trowel

Alright, instead of arguing the toss on here(gotta say i thought dello was talking bollox),had the perfect opportunity to try this method today on some small retaining walls.Laid it on,ruled it flat,let it pick up and superflexed 16inch and hey presto flat as f'''',left it and just sponged it brillliant.The plzzy flattened it with no marks unlike steel.
On the down side fuc nows how he rubs up with it.At this moment i better add im a tradionalist 30 years spreading blah blah blah but this did flatten it a lot easier even laying a hawk full on with the plaz to fill in

Sorry Spunk, it just meant i flattened it with the refina 16 inch s*p*r*lex also gotta a 20 inch but didnt seem to go as well,just got a little more pressure with the smaller one,just closed it in really well mate.

feck it - im sold - just ordered a 16" s*p*r*lex plaz trowel & a sponge float... cos my marshalltown sponge is bollox according to spunky :eek:)

:RpS_laugh::RpS_scared::-0 iv just orded a plazy trowel 14" and need to order a sponge float too now whats best for skimming and whats best for rubing up course or fine now iv used both

and i find the corse ones work best on skimming (for me anyway)
just trying tooo see what you guys think
and iv herd a lot about the Magic sponge floats on ebay ment too be good on mono???????

Well ive got a sponge float and a plazzy which come out ocasionaly, are you doing any courses to show us these wonderfull things you can do with them Dello.
How you been Del still in the sun or Blighty
Dislike button WTF is that about and who the fcuk is Ryan 83 you knob

Only time the sponge comes out for me is reveals that are in full sun and going off quick. Or that wall in cupboard you put on in another room and completely forgot about.

I know it a bit of a touchy subject but if you use the wickes sponge float and sponge it just before you would wet trowel. Come up the cream every time all one colour if there any misses or sponge marks you have caught it to late

R W Plastering

If it works dont knock it,we all have different ways of doing things,different techniques! If they end result is of a good quality,who cares!!!!

If it works dont knock it,we all have different ways of doing things,different techniques! If they end result is of a good quality,who cares!!!!
That's just weighed u up full stop buddy your a bellend take ya sponge and wipe your mouth your talking verbal dihoriha ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.