Sponge float - is the use restricted to boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually put on with a fryin pan, and trowel up with a chickens foot, been at it 20 years now an never had any complaints

I was always taught to wet the trowel not the wall. But these days I prefer to wet my whistle and watch someone else do it

well gave the s*p*r*lex trowel a good run out today and my review is its the dogs wobbler's:RpS_thumbsup: straight out the box straight on the wall for the whole process lovley trowel

Hi JR, Scottie5

What stages through the set did you use mate ive been considering a plastic trowel but when I saw 1 the other day I was a bit sceptical was wondering if this might make a nice inbetween steel and plastic etc???

Zombie

@zombie imho the s*p*r*lex will finish almost the same as a plastic, only it will finish flatter then the plazi, as it actually flattens, it doesn't just glide over bumps like the plazi.
I have a couple of plazis but tbh I very seldom use them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Scottie5,

Do you put on with your s*p*r*lex or just trowel up with it fela? Also does it enable you to trowel up with out spraying water on the wall?

Thanks Zombie

I only use.mine to trowel iphone but I hardly use any water...

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Hi theclemo,

Please post a review when you've had chance to use fela!!!

Ta Zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks Scottie5,

Do you put on with your s*p*r*lex or just trowel up with it fela? Also does it enable you to trowel up with out spraying water on the wall?

Thanks Zombie

hi mate i used mine for the entire process both lay ons flattens and troweling up although i found it put the second coat on so flat that i doesnt really need a flatten before troweling up (i did anyway just to neaten it up a bit and thats just what im used to) i did use water to trowel but i use a splash brush minus the spashing i brushed the edges round before i started ran the internals with the twitcher then gave it a little dab of water here and there just where required:RpS_thumbup:

I only use.mine to trowel iphone but I hardly use any water...

Thanks Windy that's what I thought regarding just troweling up, like the thought of not having to use water!

That's it going to order one this weekend xmas pressy!!!

Thanks Zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

hi mate i used mine for the entire process both lay ons flattens and troweling up although i found it put the second coat on so flat that i doesnt really need a flatten before troweling up (i did anyway just to neaten it up a bit and thats just what im used to) i did use water to trowel but i use a splash brush minus the spashing i brushed the edges round before i started ran the internals with the twitcher then gave it a little dab of water here and there just where required:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks JR

LOVLEY! even better then if can put on with them im sold....thanks for replying fela!!!

Zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Have u used a plaziflex if so what do u like best plaziflex or s*p*r*lex.

Thanks Scottie5,

Do you put on with your s*p*r*lex or just trowel up with it fela? Also does it enable you to trowel up with out straying water on the wall?
I lay in and flatten with a m/town, then switch and yes you will need virtually no water at all mate.

Last question Lads

What size have you all gone far?

Im thinking the 14"

Ta Zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

i got the 14 pal get one youll love it does take a set or so to get used to it but still leaves a mustard finish

Have u used a plaziflex if so what do u like best plaziflex or s*p*r*lex.

i had 2 plaziflexes a 20 which warped almost straight away and the sponge delaminated and a 14 but they both never get used i think there wa*nk the ss s*p*r*lex is the one

14 s*p*r*lex but I'd be lost without my plastic to finish.

i used to like plastics although never the refina ones, but now i think all plastic trowels are shite i will only ever use one now if my elbows playing me up again......orr i still fack the plastic off and just swap hands for a day or two

14 s*p*r*lex but I'd be lost without my plastic to finish.

Thanks Windy, ps didn't realise you didn't finish with yours I was thinking of it as more of a replacement to a plazzy etc

zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.