Splayed angle.

Members online

Zanzibar26

Just been to see a job, one wall has 2 windows with splayed reveals. Was thinking smacking some stop beads on them but the corners are bullnose. if i fix them sound to the corner 3mm out and just dub out where the curve on the other side goes “in” the bead then skim as usual when its gone off?

Or dia any other ideas?

Probably stick a plaster board bead on with bonding and skim, depends on the curve etc, a need to be there one

I would of preferred to put a normal angle bead on but with it being splayed i find it a pain to shape the bead to fit over the curve, otherwise i find that the wings stick out to much cos there is to much of an angle or the the actual aris turns to like a fookin bell cast

Form a corner first with bonding then skim stop bead

You'd need to be there ,for me ,a bead would work ,you can widen the bead to create the angle
Agree with that but if it's a big bullnose though will need building up to take a bead right, then easier to build the angle and stop bead

Agree with that but if it's a big bullnose though will need building up to take a bead right, then easier to build the angle and stop bead

Isnt a big bullnose, a mesh angle bead would probably cover it but like i said if the angle isnt right the beads give you to much of an angle to skim to so the finish slopes up to the bead

Stick some skim on with your previous mix then to dub it out to the bead

Fix a timber to one side of the bullnose......dub out with a bit of “zombie”...
Strike the timber when its all set.....do the same to the other side....skim, either one side after another or both together if it suits....no bead needed.
Old school.

Strike the timber when its all set.....do the same to the other side....skim, either one side after another or both together if it suits....no bead needed.
Old school.

This method works for about any situation and is pretty fool proof but can take a little longer. I would also recommend a chalk line with this method to make sure your line is perfectly straight.

If your corner is already straight you can just go for it using an adjustable corner tool like this one. They work great for sharp off angles.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-11-01-22-13-40.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-11-01-22-13-40.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 253
Old school.
Hooray I'm not alone

As @Dropsalot says fix timber rules to work to and dub out with bonding depends how extreme the bullnose is regard dubbing thickness. Leave it to go off and skim as normal if your not keen to skim free hand? Bed skim stop beads on job done