speedskim

Members online

You need your trowel to put it on the wall.When it goes on the wall it goes on FLAT. Everyone to they're own.Thank f**k I'm nearly finished at this game couldn't stand starting now. It's a very simple game plastering.
I knew a guy that could just get his first and second coat on absolutely immaculate. No flattening between coats or anything, very tidy. Obviously he wouldn't need a speed skim. As for me I just slap it on and go back and take any lines out. If you've been doing this forty years you know what works for you and probably never felt the need to change.

I knew a guy that could just get his first and second coat on absolutely immaculate. No flattening between coats or anything, very tidy. Obviously he wouldn't need a speed skim. As for me I just slap it on and go back and take any lines out. If you've been doing this forty years you know what works for you and probably never felt the need to change.
Any numpty can get there work flat with a trowel without needing to get lines out..was he over at least 100m2 a day guy? As any nugget can put a few walls on immaculate

No he was old and slow! He just got it on a lot tidier than myself. When I first got a speedskim one of the old guys looked at me like I had completely lost the plot. The older chaps not so welcoming of change.

I try to put on as neat as i can, prob dont need to use a speedskim but still do, takes two seconds flick over a wall with it, leaves it flat as. Each to their own though iv let a few guys i know have a go of them + they hated them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter who you are, how much you put on or how neat you are.
It is impossible to get it as flat with your trowel as with a speedskim when the gauge has just been put on.

Ooh glass finish very good.No I'm saying the wall is f**k**g flat with no trowel marks in it and then if I wanted I could give it a finish like that with a trowel or plastic

Ooh glass finish very good.No I'm saying the wall is f**k**g flat with no trowel marks in it and then if I wanted I could give it a finish like that with a trowel or plastic

That's not finished ya monkey, it's still wet through, only just finished puttin it on there has Scottie

That's flat

So just to establish where we are, you lay in neater than that??

(Bearing in mind you thought it was finished work 5 mins ago)

There was a video on plasterers news trialling the extra time plaster retardent. The guy on there was using a speedskim to good effect. It's worth watching.

There was a video on plasterers news trialling the extra time plaster retardent. The guy on there was using a speedskim to good effect. It's worth watching.
The extratime is good but not sure about the chap doing it....i heard he's a unifinish lover so must be a bit wierd:whistle:

That video.... 'Great peace of kit'

It's no wonder the public think we are thick

I dng even think mashman is a spread he's a rogue been planted by Danny as this guy obviously hasn't a clue..any pics of ur work mashmsn aka tony the tiger b4 u rip every1 else's to bits

I'm on the fence I had a speedskim and it wasn't great, I've got a Refina spat and it rarely gets used. But for bigger areas a spat or speedskim will flatten in quicker. But they are slightly flexible so surely a trowel is more thorough? I don't know anymore. :tonto: I'm open minded each to their own.

Each to there own but if used rite the speedskim is the dogs..im skimming thurs/fri so Il bang some pics up on each stage if I remember

I've no problem with people saying it's not for them, can't get to grips etc etc, but to insinuate you either can't use a trowel or some other derogatory comments as we've seen previously is just ridiculous.
And that goes for almost all tools as well.

If I use my spat I only use it to flatten first coat, I flatten my second coat by trowel because I get a better feel for what's going on with the wall. Hollows and low points etc.

I use an eze for finishing ceilings, don't take much breaking in really, just 'dry trowel' some finished walls with it.

I got the grey speedskim and the blue one, both works ok for me, but I can't finish with it like others, but it makes a massive difference

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use an eze for finishing ceilings, don't take much breaking in really, just 'dry trowel' some finished walls with it.

The Refinas are probably a better spat definitely more comfortable on the wrists and fingers.
but they have a tendency to warp both mine looked like the Atlantic ocean after less then a month.
Which makes it a pointless tool.