speedskim

Members online

taylor

I've treated myself to some speedskims I'm itching to use them but I've just noticed the small lines that run the length of the blade.do they leave any marks on the plaster or drag more off?

Depends on what angle your positioning it in. I think the best angle is 90 degrees against a wall with your coat on it.

My first attempt with them was ok I've had a bit of a nightmare with the corners leaving lines tho.I might round them off slightly

I used to think the same mashman. I've had mine a few months now and use it for the first flatten. It's not revolutionary but makes the job a bit easier imo.
Try it on your second as well see what you think

When we worked in holland we used a spatula on a stick or extension. It was pretty basic when you think now. It looked like a pair of calipers just holding either side of the spat. I don't know if anyone has used anything similar. We called it a dutchboy.

I wudnt take notice of the dinosaur lads..leave him to it with doing a full set with a trowel whilst we put more on and earn more money and have time to have a brew in between..@danny please bring the dumb button back its warranted for people like this

It's not the best of lights for a glory photo shot to show but went over this with Speedskim 4\5 times to complete finish newish 600 blue blade only time pulled out the Mt was to tidy/sort some of the edges/corners

WP_20160429_14_17_24_Pro.jpg

I don't use the eze spat anymore. It makes it harder work for me. Does something to the surface I don't agree with. Speedskim after 1st, 2nd, first trowel with normal trowel then s*p*r*lex until finished. Perfect every time.

I don't use the eze spat anymore. It makes it harder work for me. Does something to the surface I don't agree with. Speedskim after 1st, 2nd, first trowel with normal trowel then s*p*r*lex until finished. Perfect every time.
Exact same method as us..i cant get to grips with that eze myself if u go over eze a couple of times then its a nitemare to give it a final trowel with s*p*r*lex I find dont know wat I'm doing wrong just cant seem to like it

Exact same method as us..i cant get to grips with that eze myself if u go over eze a couple of times then its a nitemare to give it a final trowel with s*p*r*lex I find dont know wat I'm doing wrong just cant seem to like it
I do that on walls.. All looked lob sided

WP_20160124_11_16_05_Pro.jpg