Speedskim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just ordered a set to see what all the fuss is about, I think it sounds like a good idea. Surely you'll get on a few more metres if your not running back to flatten it?

I did order the full monty but I'm in jersey so they couldn't post me the 1800 so I've had to get the 600/1200.

Some like them some hate them mate , give it a go , not a lot of money ,Ryan at one stop plastering shop is where i got mine , great for closing in hardwall

Liked
Just skimmed a flat with heavy artex saved loads of time flattening the bonding off wi the 1200.

I did order the full monty but I'm in jersey so they couldn't post me the 1800 so I've had to get the 600/1200.

Jersey, my eldest lad is working out there at the min hanging off a cliff face on ropes drilling and grouting in ground screws :RpS_thumbup:

Jersey, my eldest lad is working out there at the min hanging off a cliff face on ropes drilling and grouting in ground screws :RpS_thumbup:

He must be over sorting out a few rockfalls that happened recently? I came over here for the work myself, was fed up travelling around Ireland for work.

He must be over sorting out a few rockfalls that happened recently? I came over here for the work myself, was fed up travelling around Ireland for work.

It's some old quarry in St Helier they are sorting ready for the development of some new apartments.

[video]http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline_jerseynews/displayarticle.asp?id=509363&fb_action_ids=1020307 3605740731&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source =other_multiline&action_object_map=[542714832502946]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[][/video]

He's one of the Lads working the drill rig at the begining

Last edited:
is Jersey tax free??...........................vaguely remember going there on me hols when i was a nipper...................pretty much spewed all the way back to newcastle in the shitty little airfix plane we had to fly in..........................:RpS_blushing:

It's some old quarry in St Helier they are sorting ready for the development of some new apartments.

[video]http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline_jerseynews/displayarticle.asp?id=509363&fb_action_ids=1020307 3605740731&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source =other_multiline&action_object_map=[542714832502946]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[][/video]

He's one of the Lads working the drill rig at the begining

Ah right. Id say he's working on that new dandara job. There building a load of them, I'd say I'll be in skimming them I skimmed a few houses on there last development .

is Jersey tax free??...........................vaguely remember going there on me hols when i was a nipper...................pretty much spewed all the way back to newcastle in the shitty little airfix plane we had to fly in..........................:RpS_blushing:

No marra the way they are paid it goes into uk banks cos the firm they are on for reckoned it was not viable for them to set up an offshore company or summat like that.

I think it was tax free or there was some way around it but that's long gone now, it's pay as you earn now so everyone's on a different tax rate.

All it needs that you need to adapt to new products and equipments - many plasterers retire early because of injuries (RSI)

You are right there Ryan, answering the phone to customers for the last two years the biggest problem in the industry is serious aches and pains. Anyone plastering over 5 years starts to feel it. Some more than others of course, but those who have been plastering 15 to 25 years are all feeling it. Some are in a lot of pain, wrists, elbows, shoulder - some have injections, some have to have operations.

If you start plastering when you are 16 - by the time you have put 25 years its quite common to be faced with throwing it in. So by the time you are 41 you may have to think about another trade or different occupation altogether. In using traditional methods (just trowel) in some cases the Plasterer has a 24 year shortfall in career span. With retirement ages going up its getting worse!

Using Speedskim significantly reduces the elbow work and is a massive step forward - both for older Plasterers who are feeling it but also the younger guys, so they can avoid developing these ailments...:RpS_thumbup:

You are right there Ryan, answering the phone to customers for the last two years the biggest problem in the industry is serious aches and pains. Anyone plastering over 5 years starts to feel it. Some more than others of course, but those who have been plastering 15 to 25 years are all feeling it. Some are in a lot of pain, wrists, elbows, shoulder - some have injections, some have to have operations.

If you start plastering when you are 16 - by the time you have put 25 years its quite common to be faced with throwing it in. So by the time you are 41 you may have to think about another trade or different occupation altogether. In using traditional methods (just trowel) in some cases the Plasterer has a 24 year shortfall in career span. With retirement ages going up its getting worse!

Using Speedskim significantly reduces the elbow work and is a massive step forward - both for older Plasterers who are feeling it but also the younger guys, so they can avoid developing these ailments...:RpS_thumbup:

to be honest thats shite mate... Ive been in the game plastering and scaffolding 33 years and I,m ok.. its how you look after yourself...

Why do we stay when we hate it so?

wife and kids to look after, this is all i know all ive ever done bar a few weeks here and there doin other bits or helping someone out for a while in quiet times

Status
Not open for further replies.