Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a few days with speedskim I must say that I really do like them. I use them for flattening off after the 1st and 2nd coat and no waiting for the materials to pull in. I have used the 600, 1200 & 1800 and it feels much better to me than having to flatten off with your trowel. I have also had a go with a speedskim spat, the 1st time I have used a spat by the way. Yet again I must say that the overall appearance of my work looked much flatter and more importantly than that it was much, much easier.

If you are struggling to use the speedskims, have a read at the instruction manual, I think that its on their website. I for one will use them whenever I get the chance.

So what you're saying is that before the use of said Speedskim your work had an overall appearance of not being very flat.

Whether or not these tools are any good some people using them make themselves sound bloody useless as tradesmen.

So what you're saying is that before the use of said Speedskim your work had an overall appearance of not being very flat.

Whether or not these tools are any good some people using them make themselves sound bloody useless as tradesmen.

I did not say that, I did say it looked better and it was easier, oh and by the way I am a tradesman and a fairly good one at that. I have found a means to improve and to make my life easier and I am quite willing to accept that you and others do not like the Speedskim. I do not decry you or question your ability, after all I have never met you nor seen any of your work.

DeCRY what the .???? Is that language your aplasterer not a teacher say that on the site and the lads will have you for breakfast and dinner by the looks of em were all over 40!! And fat bring back the 80s on site anyday of the week!

I did not say that, I did say it looked better and it was easier, oh and by the way I am a tradesman and a fairly good one at that. I have found a means to improve and to make my life easier and I am quite willing to accept that you and others do not like the Speedskim. I do not decry you or question your ability, after all I have never met you nor seen any of your work.
You did say your work looks flatter with the speedskim so its the same as saying it is less flat with the troweling that you do. I do use a speedskim myself, the are handy enough but not the second coming.

wife was asking how I;d got on with the new speedskim, said it was good, not as good as when fibatape came out tho, she spit coffee all over..lol.. it is a decent bit of kit, but wouldnt bother me if I left it in garage and only had my trowel to use..lol.. used it and the finish looks exactly the same as not using it, may save some time I suppose on large areas...

Well after a few days with speedskim I must say that I really do like them. I use them for flattening off after the 1st and 2nd coat and no waiting for the materials to pull in. I have used the 600, 1200 & 1800 and it feels much better to me than having to flatten off with your trowel. I have also had a go with a speedskim spat, the 1st time I have used a spat by the way. Yet again I must say that the overall appearance of my work looked much flatter and more importantly than that it was much, much easier.

I never questioned whether you found it easier, I just questioned your observation that, and I quote, 'I must say that the overall appearance of my work looked much flatter'. For it to 'look much flatter' then your previous work must have looked less flat.
I also never said you were a useless tradesman but you sure made it sound like that.

Had some northern monkey convince me to by a couple of boxes the other day ( with some mandatory PVA and dust sheets thrown in). What a pile of C***p

Cleaned my speedskim with deodrant today its all I had in the van seem to do the trick ! Just wiped it over did ask the lads on site could they smell anything ? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.