Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and my gage takes about 2 hrs 20 mins half an hr to forty mins to throw on and twenty mins or so to flatten then your on top of it flattening brings the gage back abit anyway and **** quote if in doubt give it the big I am lol

Ive just read that 3 times and im still none the wiser.....................:RpS_laugh:

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm curious about this gizmo. I can understand using it to flatten your 1st coat, but surely on the second coat it won't fill your hollows. Would you get back on it and fill your hollows after or how does it work?

Speedskims are the nuts. They save time, need less effort than endless trowelling. Yes you need to control your hits bit you can put more on as you don't waste time flattening it down with a trowel. Simples. The new finishing speedskims are the dogs nuts too. Buy em and try em, you won't be disappointed.

Speedskims are the nuts. They save time, need less effort than endless trowelling. Yes you need to control your hits bit you can put more on as you don't waste time flattening it down with a trowel. Simples. The new finishing speedskims are the dogs nuts too. Buy em and try em, you won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum :)

Thats some first post :)

not having a go at speedskim, just curious, why do we need to flatten a 2-3mm finish ? surely its not going to make much difference.. im open to new ideas, but managed ok the last 32 yrs... maybe it is good ? its a finish coat as i said of 2-3mm, so you should have the ability to flatten out with your trowel ?

Its not really about flattening the gear its being able to get ya 2nd coat on straight away with having to let the 1st coat take up before laying in................its all about particle vibration............................:RpS_wink:

Ok, thanks, might try one out then...
particle vibration...fuk me..lol.. this is getting technical..x

I had a dodgy curry Last night. The positive particle vibration coming out of my anus was amazing

Ive adopted the age old technique of putting my skimming on flat in the first place. If your having to darby the skimming maybe try putting on a bit thinner and flatter to start with, they are good on bonding though, but a complete waste of time on skimming imo.

Yes you will there crap

alreeght lads, after reading your opinions and being very old school myself not into new gizmos etc but I will hold my hand up and think I will give these speed skims and the plastic trowel a go!? I do mostly refurb work and extensions and a lot of rendering. is there any particular make to buy or not buy regard these trowels etc ?? your advice is much appreciated.

iv been off for a few weeks (i broke my ribs) so i thought ill treat myself to some of this plastic tec i got myself a plazi trowel and a set of speed skims looking forward to trying them out when i get back to work next week.

tried the speedskim out today and i think its got its place, could I do without it..yes, managed for the last 32 yrs without them, however i think there ok.. plastic trowels ..wtf.. only use those for rendering and rubbing backing coats with.. they do a plastic trowel for finishing plaster ?? now thats going too far..lol

Just bought some replacement blades for my speedskim but can't get the old one out, tried soaking it but it won't budge? Any ideas?? Desperately need it for Monday

Well after a few days with speedskim I must say that I really do like them. I use them for flattening off after the 1st and 2nd coat and no waiting for the materials to pull in. I have used the 600, 1200 & 1800 and it feels much better to me than having to flatten off with your trowel. I have also had a go with a speedskim spat, the 1st time I have used a spat by the way. Yet again I must say that the overall appearance of my work looked much flatter and more importantly than that it was much, much easier.

If you are struggling to use the speedskims, have a read at the instruction manual, I think that its on their website. I for one will use them whenever I get the chance.

I was thinking about getting Gibbo a speedskim, just to see him smile when he opes the packageing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.