Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspread

Done a big ceiling today (well big for me an ,old man now) I used the speedskim knocked up my own gear and as much as it pains me to say (im old school) it really made my life easier ,none of that tearing around chasing it, don't know how it works but I'm denfinately a convert .

Super spread what size did u use on the lid 600 or 1.2m gonna buy one in the next day . Mate has the 1.2 and I'm thinking get the 600mm as I don't do huge areas but I do like em. Anyone got the 600mm ?

ive got the 1200 and the 600 i find the 1200 the best one we use them quite often usually get the lad to follow behind us flattening in with it works a treat

i have 1.2 and a 600 ... id get both :RpS_thumbsup:

Use the 1.2 on ceilings though ... 600 for smaller areas or reveals etc

I have both I thought the set was reasonable didn't get the pole thou I use a scaffold for lids so no need havnt got the hang of me stilts enuff to work off

Super spread what size did u use on the lid 600 or 1.2m gonna buy one in the next day . Mate has the 1.2 and I'm thinking get the 600mm as I don't do huge areas but I do like em. Anyone got the 600mm ?

Got the 1200 windy, there's denfinately a place for it in your tool armoury:RpS_thumbsup:

I have both I thought the set was reasonable didn't get the pole thou I use a scaffold for lids so no need havnt got the hang of me stilts enuff to work off
Agree with you there CT, dont see the point of the pole?
Scaff or stillts to put the gear on the lid! So why jump off to put the pole on??
I only have the 1200 ,might be getting a 600 soon:RpS_wink:....:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aye wouldn't make sense buying one , and personally I'd rather be up near my work , wot looks good on the ground don't look to hot whe. Ya up a height

Aye wouldn't make sense buying one , and personally I'd rather be up near my work , wot looks good on the ground don't look to hot whe. Ya up a height

Your finish looks rough even from my hoose Carl...................:RpS_laugh:

After using the seed skim 1200 & 600 for two months my conclusion is it is only useful to me to flatten first coat then back to the trowels. Once you have the first coat under controll plastering is a easy anyway.

I use it to flatten the 2nd coat then back to the trowel for me. Got the 1800 as well and it gets a wall flattened really quick. I did get the pole adapter and working off a scaffold means I've only really used it on smaller lids that I can't be arsed to get the boards out for.

Really cant see the point in these feather edges on a stick. They cant flatten properly. The whole idea of flattening a coat is to fill in as you pass over the area with your trowel. Seems like theres alot of gullable young lads out there thinking they can reinvent the wheel. If this really worked then it would have been introduced years ago. The older spreads are the best cos they were taught the right way. Also Big trowels will just eventually lead to damage of your joints and shortening your career. My advice is just save your money and control your hits. As an old timer once told me, if the games hard, youre doing all wrong ;0)

Do you know what to the day i die I'll be very happy knowing i never needed to pretend I know what im talking about

Not in my experience they don't Steve. They smooth but not flatten, fine for the latter stages of trowelling up after a steel has been used but not before. Brilliant for final trowel on BG Spray Finish.

Actually i have been using a 1200 on and off for a few months and i am with Essex Andy.They smooth down but do not flatten.If the surface is snooker table flat they work.

Actually i have been using a 1200 on and off for a few months and i am with Essex Andy.They smooth down but do not flatten.If the surface is snooker table flat they work.

Actually I was referring to plazi trowels mate but I agree with you about the speedskim.

ive got a speed skim had it a year maybe but the blades a bit goosed so my new ones in the post,,, does anyone do anything to break in the blade? before I even attempted to use mine I rounded the corners off but never realy knew if it was nessesery...?

Status
Not open for further replies.