Speedskim Technique?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedskim is so 2012 thesedays it's all about the.........

[video=youtube_share;JswDpVqw9ZU]http://youtu.be/JswDpVqw9ZU[/video]

I know a bloke who "invented" these about 5 years ago, he used to get them corrugated plastic signs you find on sites and tie them to the end of a broom handle, and rub them over his ceilings,why I have no idea. sounds like a plaziskim anyway.

I'm still waiting for the day they invented a mini speedskim, probably around 13inches & also a steel blade oh & maybe a handle, would be great that :RpS_thumbsup:

different strokes for different folks Cassie. I love the speedskim, can't get on with the metal spats. Some still like the traditional system. It's just what works for the individual I suppose

@Guru yup... I have never used a metal spat... well I have once on airless plaster but that is about it...

Last edited:
Just started using blue blades with supaflex ....used together at the right times plastering is so much easier.
Top results.
And my wrists feel fine at the end the day !!!!!

Looking forward to the next new gadgets !!

I'm still waiting for the day they invented a mini speedskim, probably around 13inches & also a steel blade oh & maybe a handle, would be great that :RpS_thumbsup:

Da da da da daaaaaa then wait no longer Lee for the sexy little daywork speedskim has arrived.:RpS_wink:
View attachment 4516

Attachments

• 20150206_150116.jpg
    20150206_150116.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 387
you plonker

you should have ordered the SPEEDSCAM off dougie!!!!!!!!!

its the future BRAWL

I would only recommend a speedskim in the winter as they are very handy for hanging your coat on.If you are a professional plasterer who does the job as you were taught then a speedskim is no use to you whatsoever.Trust me I know i am 55 and a mate of mine(much younger)bought one we tried it(why I don't know) and now he hangs his coat on it. don't get me wrong I am willing to try anything which will make life easier and I have tried and am still using the flexi trowel.

I bought a wok once but i still can't cook Chinese food for sh! t.
Ken hom has a wok I saw cook a bloody awesome looking stir fry on the telly once.
Its not always the tool thats defective.

Thats the problem with most tools there's those that can make them sing and those that make them cry rape.

I trowel on as normal n use Speedskim to fatten straight away...lay second coat on then Speedskim flatten off back to Marshall town for second flatten and a cross with either nela supaflex or Marshall town...i think everyone has there ways to get a good finish and it don't matter how you get there...as Whitney Houston says just get there if u can....

Haha haha I drive my van half way too work then get a taxi for a while then finish off on the bus.....after that I jog home have a little dance eventually I get there .

I bought a wok once but i still can't cook Chinese food for sh! t.
Ken hom has a wok I saw cook a bloody awesome looking stir fry on the telly once.
Its not always the tool thats defective.

This made me laugh. Great analogy. I used my new speedskim for the first time this week and straight away I thought what a great bit of kit it is. I'm gonna buy a Nela supaflex as well now as I keep reading about them. Think I'm gonna need a bigger van soon

This made me laugh. Great analogy. I used my new speedskim for the first time this week and straight away I thought what a great bit of kit it is. I'm gonna buy a Nela supaflex as well now as I keep reading about them. Think I'm gonna need a bigger van soon

Get the refina s*p*r*lex

I think the speedskim was prety good on internal walls n ceilings but i didnt find it as good on external s/c coats , not crap but not as good as the metal feather edge screeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.