speedskim sf

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

Any one using these and happy with them? Started a thread recently about wanting a spat for ceiling as am suffering after doing a day of ceilings but got no definite answers so bought an sf speedskim as I could use the same pole as with my normal speedskim...... been using it all week and it's terrible. .. way to rigid and ruins any finish.... really struggling with it....

I was thinking getting one I've got st blue I used it ,it works if you can flatten each coat straightaway but not for finishing thou but the sf was the job for finishing

Any one using these and happy with them? Started a thread recently about wanting a spat for ceiling as am suffering after doing a day of ceilings but got no definite answers so bought an sf speedskim as I could use the same pole as with my normal speedskim...... been using it all week and it's terrible. .. way to rigid and ruins any finish.... really struggling with it....

Iv got the 600 sf + was same as you at first, i was tryin use it instead of a trowel but wasnt good, worn it in a bit now + use it like a spat + just use it for final polish if it needs it but after blue speedskim, mt, nela then plazzi it doesnt need it so doesnt come out very often.

I have never been able to finish with the sf... but I did not give it a good chance as I don't get out much :-(

It's all Dow to times from what I have read here... I think @scottie5 uses one...

I am really struggling with it ,I thought it would make my life easier. ... i got the 600mm one and it has no flex in it at all...... All the new finishing tools such as supa-flex and plasi-flex have a lot of give in them. I have all of these but was after some thing as good but wanted some thing I can use on a pole for ceilings.... its going on ebay over the weekend. ....

I don't use the 600 only the 1200....

I use to to flatten in straight away and then whip over with an 18 trowel them second coat the 1200 over then 18 then s*p*r*lex.from there on in....

Yes the 18 is a bit over kill but I don't do much these days so I we'd to cast my eye over and be aware a bit more :)

Got one and hate it compared to the refina 880 splat the refina when doing walls I can use the splat for the first 2 passes and then final with Nela

Status
Not open for further replies.