Speedskim question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill wait to see you on america's most wanted then marra................Jammy Git..............:RpS_thumbup:

theyre all too young to drink, officially. i think kidnap is the only way.

i met my cousins mrs yesterday. :RpS_drool::RpS_drool::RpS_drool:

why the **** i didnt think about doing something other than plastering i will never no. he plays golf everyday, its hot everyday, theres 25000 fannys on campus, theyre all fit as.no brainer really

he suggested i try out the local campus gym, which is apparently the **** 1 coz its acedemic students, not the athletes. it was just ridiculous. theyre all 18-20. its 10 times the size of the biggest gym iv ever seen. theyre all in little short tops and hotpants prancing around on treadmills and crosstrainers. and all tanned and......:RpS_drool:

iv just read through all this. im very impressed with the way that gibbos posts have disappeared aswell since hes slated one of the favourites. sounds familiar

theyre all too young to drink, officially. i think kidnap is the only way.

i met my cousins mrs yesterday. :RpS_drool::RpS_drool::RpS_drool:

why the **** i didnt think about doing something other than plastering i will never no. he plays golf everyday, its hot everyday, theres 25000 fannys on campus, theyre all fit as.no brainer really

he suggested i try out the local campus gym, which is apparently the **** 1 coz its acedemic students, not the athletes. it was just ridiculous. theyre all 18-20. its 10 times the size of the biggest gym iv ever seen. theyre all in little short tops and hotpants prancing around on treadmills and crosstrainers. and all tanned and......:RpS_drool:
But what do the girls look like ?:RpS_wink:

well, this my first time on here in about a month and its good to see the same old debates are going.

i honestly cant believe that its still an argument over something that is so stupidly obvious

it doesnt make you produce double the work. weve worked that out now

you cant trowel up with it, i think were pretty much there on that

ruling off with, regardless of what anyone says is ridiculous, any decent spread knows that to pull a rule on a wall and for it to be properly flat it needs to be rigid, especially with heavy renders

it IS a tool worth considering for spray finish.

it will roughly lay down your first coat quickly if this is a method you choose to use

it will lay down you 2nd coat to an average standard.

that is it. thats all it does. it roughly flattens skim when its wet.

sell it as a tool for flattening mp finish and spray skim and as something that can make life easier to flatten a first coat. then everyone wuld look at it and go, its fairly priced compared to alternatives, it does what it says.

originally making ridiculous claims that seemed to target people learning or maybe people that were a bit dim isnt the right way to promote a tool and make friends

its good to see youve listened to people that have done it for years and do probably know more than yourself about the tool and its uses

:)

Hi mate

Thanks for the post and your opinion.

As a Sponsor we don’t target anyone we promote the Speedskim to reflect its abilities in the most honest way we can. We have conceded that it’s not going to double your metreage and we have stated that on several occasions. In our opinion it takes courage for a company to do that.

We haven't at any point or in any post suggested anyone is dim - we purely made an honest error at the beginning of the project. That has been addressed for some time now and we thank TPF members for their support.

As far as the Speedskims overall abilities are concerned (whether flattening skim coat, ruling off backing plasters or sand & cement) anything we claim now is directly through customer feedback - not our opinion.

The Speedskim is not everyone's cup of tea and we completely acknowledge this. However it is extremely popular with a lot of Plasterers, colleges and also BG - who feel it takes a lot of the work of the process making the operation much easier and less of a strain overall. We do stand by the fact that Speedskim does give Plasterers the confidence to get more done depending on their routine etc

We do have 30 years’ experience in the industry so we are qualified to promote the tools.

Cheers

Scott

Well for what it's worth I think it's a belting piece of kit, I use it all the time.

For instance the job I'm on needs a load of bonding out, I'll use it for that. The 80 year old walls are all over, they'll get a thick 1st coat of finish, speedskim, then the second coat will go on lovely.

What's not to like?

And BTW I'm not kissing any arse here. Just my balanced opinion.

I agree Dannymac............I reckon it would be an excellent tool for a quick flattening of a coat of bonding :RpS_thumbup:

it closes backing coats and render in lovley i was the only person using it for rendering the other week obviously after i had used a feather edge and about an hour later all the other plasterers were asking to use it.
i use mine all the time:RpS_thumbup:

it closes backing coats and render in lovley i was the only person using it for rendering the other week obviously after i had used a feather edge and about an hour later all the other plasterers were asking to use it.
i use mine all the time:RpS_thumbup:

When you say 'rendering' you don't mean sand and cement do you?

yeah ruled off with normal feather edge then pass over with speed skim works a treat

it will be soon once the metal blades are here
clap.gif

I own a speedskim i actually got it when they were first advertised even with all the "its just a cavety closer" comments, to be honest after reading all that i thought it might be a load of s##t but for £30 though it was worth a go .anyway i really like the product and use it all the time (i only do domestic work reskims,wonky walls etc) like everyone else says it takes a bit of getting use to but once uv sussed out when amd how to use it makes thigs a lot eaiser,saves time and does leave walls nice and flat , also takes loads of work out of ceilings . What im trying to say is the negative comments could put people of but for £30 give it a go and stick at it , looking forward to the steel blade will defo be giving it a go when its out .

Great minds think alike haha i had mine from early on aswell did have problems with the unit itself but scott soon sorted it out ill be using mine on render next week:RpS_thumbup:

Well for what it's worth I think it's a belting piece of kit, I use it all the time.

For instance the job I'm on needs a load of bonding out, I'll use it for that. The 80 year old walls are all over, they'll get a thick 1st coat of finish, speedskim, then the second coat will go on lovely.

What's not to like?

And BTW I'm not kissing any arse here. Just my balanced opinion.

Hi mate - really pleased you like it :RpS_thumbup:

We recommend to customers to get used to it on multi for instance. Once you get used to the feel then experiment on other applications such as backing coats and renders. The feedback is they are getting great results.

Can I ask you how long you think it took to get used to your Speedskim? might be useful to others...

Hope that's ok..

Scott

Not long, if you can use an edge, ( a lot can't) you can use one of these. It's just a case of getting used to how much pressure to apply, the plastic flexes a bit and pre-loads itself.

Do a vid for the lads DMac..........................:RpS_thumbup:. you could wear one of your dresses if ya like...:RpS_wink:

Hi mate

Thanks for the post and your opinion.

As a Sponsor we don’t target anyone we promote the Speedskim to reflect its abilities in the most honest way we can. We have conceded that it’s not going to double your metreage and we have stated that on several occasions. In our opinion it takes courage for a company to do that.

We haven't at any point or in any post suggested anyone is dim - we purely made an honest error at the beginning of the project. That has been addressed for some time now and we thank TPF members for their support.

As far as the Speedskims overall abilities are concerned (whether flattening skim coat, ruling off backing plasters or sand & cement) anything we claim now is directly through customer feedback - not our opinion.

The Speedskim is not everyone's cup of tea and we completely acknowledge this. However it is extremely popular with a lot of Plasterers, colleges and also BG - who feel it takes a lot of the work of the process making the operation much easier and less of a strain overall. We do stand by the fact that Speedskim does give Plasterers the confidence to get more done depending on their routine etc

We do have 30 years’ experience in the industry so we are qualified to promote the tools.

Cheers

Scott

i didnt mean you deliberately targeted dim people, but if someone genuinely thought they were gonna double their output then i dunno, theyre no the brightest and i feel if someone bought on that promise then it was a bit unfair.

my point is that yeah it has its uses. its an aright tool. not my cup of tea because personally i dont see the point in flattening my first coat etc. its something iv never done. i said a lot of the things your now saying re meterage etc when you first came on here and i got a bollocking. i appreciate you have 30yrs experience, but then that should have helped you in realizing and promoting your product for its true abilities. but fair play for admitting you were wrong on some parts.

as i said for spray skim i get it, skim i get it yet not for me, ruling off..... seriously. i know your going by what some people have said. but maybe try and get some normal people to review it. you cant "rule" a backing coat to an accurate flat surface with something that is designed to be flexible and bends. its just common sense. but if people want to use it for that then thats up to them, but it shows what plastering is coming to.

other than that mate i really dont care who uses it or whatever, im just baffled there is still discussion and arguments going. its just a piece of plastic with a handle. its not a miracle tool. it flattens skim and can close in render. i dont no what else there is to say.

as i said for spray skim i get it, skim i get it yet not for me, ruling off..... seriously. i know your going by what some people have said. but maybe try and get some normal people to review it. you cant "rule" a backing coat to an accurate flat surface with something that is designed to be flexible and bends. its just common sense. but if people want to use it for that then thats up to them, but it shows what plastering is coming to.

That's wrong, of course you can. It depends on how stiff the gear is that you are edging though.

Granted it's better at closing in, but it's great for pulling over some soft bonding on an artexed ceiling for instance.

Just because people disagree with you it doesn't mean they aren't normal.....

You can't use it for ruling hardwall sand cement etc unless youre an idiot there far too flexible

lol. none of us are normal mate

if your putting it over artex thats very different to ruling a wall flat. if you were to put an edge on it afterwards id bet you your days money it wouldnt be actually flat like a ruled wall. same as when you bond out a lid with bonding and a trowel. it looks flat but it isnt.

and on the assumtion it doesnt actually rule off finish, it flexes and follows the wall and smooths it over, as does a trowel when laying in, no it wont rule hardwall or s+c flat, straight and plumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.