Speedskim experts help please?!

derbyskimmer

Ok , so I took the plunge and invested in the st and sf 600 and st 1200.
I'm starting to try and master the st 600 first.
Are we saying that flatten in first coat immediately no matter how wet it is? And then apply 2nd coat immediately? And then flatten with st immediately again ?
This is all done no matter how wet the plaster is? I'm just getting to grips with it and could do with some pointers. Quite happy with how it's been going so far as I've more time in between final trowels. Don't seem significantly quicken to finish though.
Many thanks

Get on it straight away, might need to use a trowel to keep the edges tidy at first whilst getting used to it.
I only use mine on bigger walls and ceilings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no matter how wet it is through those early stages ?
1st coat / flatten
2nd coat / flatten
Then some time to wait and prep elsewhere etc,

Ok , so I took the plunge and invested in the st and sf 600 and st 1200.
I'm starting to try and master the st 600 first.
Are we saying that flatten in first coat immediately no matter how wet it is? And then apply 2nd coat immediately? And then flatten with st immediately again ?
This is all done no matter how wet the plaster is? I'm just getting to grips with it and could do with some pointers. Quite happy with how it's been going so far as I've more time in between final trowels. Don't seem significantly quicken to finish though.
Many thanks
I only use a 600 speedskim. I had a 1200 but sawed it up and made several bespoke sizes. If you order just the blades you get the endcaps as well so it's like they're off the shelf.
Flatten straight off but obviously let it pick up a touch before second coating. Let the angle of the speedskim become more and more acute as you go along

Lash it all on......speedy flat.
Tea.
More on tidy like.....tiffle about a bit......speedy flat.
Tea.
Attend to edges/corners etc...
Speedy with maybe a mist of water.
Another check to see if angles/edges etc are ok....
Metal blade speedy
More tea or home.
Smugness.
That, my friend is just how I’m rolling at the moment.:)

Lash it all on......speedy flat.
Tea.
More on tidy like.....tiffle about a bit......speedy flat.
Tea.
Attend to edges/corners etc...
Speedy with maybe a mist of water.
Another check to see if angles/edges etc are ok....
Metal blade speedy
More tea or home.
Smugness.
That, my friend is just how I’m rolling at the moment.:)
Sounds good! That's what I'm aiming for. Do you do this on domestics? I'm aware that the speedskim is not ideal on kitchen walls for example where sometimes there's 6 or more sockets on a wall or do you still use it?

I use my speedy everywhere I possibly can. I will and do, use every aid to plastering that reduces my fatigue and general bodily wear and tear .
Example....
Kitchen ceiling re-skim with wall units in situ.......use the speedy on a pole , but offset the speedy in the holder in order to be able to flatten right to the wall with no over reaching and feet firmly on the floor......
Example 2....
If the bigger speedy is too big.....use a smaller one.
You’re welcome.

Yep I'm hoping that , had more energy at end of day. Even nipped to merchants and fetched gear and loaded my job out for the weekend !

@Speedskim .....mines is in the garage because it slows me down ....heres me 1 up 1 down when there both me.
hope you can help with my garage rental for your plastic shite...
can i use it for the floors.....i starting to think i dont need stilts.

Attachments

• 20171103_103140.jpg
    20171103_103140.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 350
  • 20171103_103133.jpg
    20171103_103133.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 345
  • 20171103_103052.jpg
    20171103_103052.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 328
@Speedskim .....mines is in the garage because it slows me down ....heres me 1 up 1 down when there both me.

and see you @BritishGypsum your another bunch of cuunts.....stop selling your product as 2 coat.

Not doubting you, but as fast as anyone is with a trowel on the pics you sent would be quicker with the st 600. We've a reputation for being quick but it's no good when you're mangling your body to do it.

Not doubting you, but as fast as anyone is with a trowel on the pics you sent would be quicker with the st 600. We've a reputation for being quick but it's no good when you're mangling your body to do it.

i sit down reading shite on this forum in between my hits....plastering is easy.
its a headfuuck xx

Is that an Axminster carpet on your photo mate

Is that an Axminster carpet on your photo mate

yes ...yes it is.
now im not inteligent and i dont care for half the forum members that want to be vincolien xx
but that carpet is blessed that i plastered over it.
hopefully you understand!!

looks good pal do you still flatten off your first coat to get it like that I'm jealous haha

I love the shite you talk when your bolloxed Algee, although don't understand most of it

looks good pal do you still flatten off your first coat to get it like that I'm jealous haha

all i know is i finished work early yesterday mate for the dentist.
and the tooth that was sore he just cleaned out and put a filling in the one above it.
im now sat in the garden in the rain hungover eating raw onions to kill the pain with her nagging because i smell like a kebab.
the dentist is an arsehole for sorting the wrong tooth ...i was too scared to tell him.
im running outof teeth:cry::cry:

all i know is i finished work early yesterday mate for the dentist.
and the tooth that was sore he just cleaned out and put a filling in the one above it.
im now sat in the garden in the rain hungover eating raw onions to kill the pain with her nagging because i smell like a kebab.
the dentist is an arsehole for sorting the wrong tooth ...i was too scared to tell him.
im running outof teeth:cry::cry:
haha:)

good morning all....christ i can talk some shite when im pished !!
You were right about one coat for multi!
When bg first bought it out, instuctions on the bags said trowel on one coat 3mm and trowel back to 2mm. You can tell I'm getting on a bit remembering when multi first came out.

A lot of lads swear by one coating,speed skims,spatulas,sponging etc.If it’s a good finish then that’s fine.It’s taking me 3.5 hours to do a gauge two coating.If I was on price per m that would have to change.