Speedskim blue blade

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these actually any good and better then those shite grey ones? What's the best way to use on board finish?

They are unbelievably good. Throw those shitty grey ones in the skip and order yourself some shiny blue ones. Can't recommend the blue ones highly enough.

I just throw it on one way don't go back over it trying to look smart like them plasterers on diy SOS tonight then put the speed skim over it. I like to hold it slightly more to the side I'm moving towards so the trailing edge don't leave lines. I used to leave the 1st coat to pick up before I put second on but now i just second coat straight away.

First coat flatten, second coat flatten, it'll sit for quite a while while you repeat the process by throwing a load more on.
Then straight round for another flatten if it looks like its dragging a bit don't panic just run over it a couple of times alternating direction and it'll be fine.
3 good passes like that and you'll have very little left to do with your trowel.
I have put some monster hits on on my own without any problems using the above technique.
Its like Any other aspect of the job, organisation and timing is the key once those are used mate its happy days.

best thing about the blue blades is less grooves to clean out with a small tool.................:RpS_thumbup:

Like Scottie says 1st & 2nd coat flatten straight away, I let it pull in and then start using the blue blade at the same times that I would a steel trowel. Can't praise them enough tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.