Speedskim blade removal tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Trying to change the blade but having no luck!

It's been in soak for a week, got all the crap off the blade and handle but it just won't budge.
I've broke the blade trying to pull it out with pliers so no good now either way!

The end caps are long gone so I haven't been a dumbass and left them on, or is there something else I've forgot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of sandtrax or other brick cleaner in the water. Handles will be like new as well

Had the same problem just wouldn't shift caused that much damage just bought a new one made sure we put tape between the blade and the handle hopefully that'll help for next time

Same happened to me I took a plumbers blow torch to it, a bit smokey but it came out in know time.lol

We've got a 1200 blade to replace..great..i thought there just slid out havnt tried it yet as havnt been skimming really but bought 2 new blades a couple weeks ago..u manage to get it out jgreen?

A pair of water pump pliers a hammer and a block of wood. Grip the blade with the pliers and then hit them with the hammer to slide it out takes time but will get it done. So the lesson i learned was only ever use a bucket of clean water to clean your speed skim (y)

@Speedskim have made some changes now to the design :D So this should not happen :D But soaking it in the bath helps :D

It's been there a week!!! I've done my first one last week but didn't need to change the blade so just soaked that. This one is one of my lads and it's been in soak a week now! I tried earlier and I've broken the blade so has to come out regardless now or can't be used!!

@Speedskim have made some changes now to the design :D So this should not happen :D But soaking it in the bath helps :D
Alot of good that is Dan so we need to buy the new design now? Thick cnuts shud of made there new design there 1st design..wats point them selling seperate blades if cant get them out

I'm 29 on the 18th and ill have a set of speed skim the 600 1200 and 1800 if anyone feeling generous promise I'll love u for ever

Hmmmm Pisces ???!!! Are we shoaling?
image.jpeg

The only way we got ours out was by putting the blade in a vice and use a mallet to gently wack the end of the alloy section. Didn't do any damage Also left in soak overnight beforehand . But the new blades make life much easier

Alot of good that is Dan so we need to buy the new design now? Thick cnuts shud of made there new design there 1st design..wats point them selling seperate blades if cant get them out

I think it helps keeping them clean and regularly taking the blade out :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.