Speed skim

Members online

have you managed to get your tape invention into the shops yet?
you would imagine every diy'er in the country would buy one roll of it. probably tradesmen aswell.
that's about 10 million rolls, 5 pounds a roll, £50 million pounds.
It's on Amazon and our own site and a few local merchants at the moment. Definitely not a fiver a roll though It's a bespoke product. We will be going into the merchants in a couple of months with our handy boxed product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-110830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-110830_Chrome.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 94
Update; I had the perfect job for a speedskim today, 6.8m long 2.8 high stud wall new boards, nice and flat.
I laid first coat on and straight on with the speedskim. I wasn’t impressed, it pulled in ribbons like tiger stripes, I ended up going over with a trowel again to neaten back up.
Second coat the same thing laid down fresh mix as I was doing both sides, flatten immediately and it put stripes in the plaster.
Is this because it’s new?

Update; I had the perfect job for a speedskim today, 6.8m long 2.8 high stud wall new boards, nice and flat.
I laid first coat on and straight on with the speedskim. I wasn’t impressed, it pulled in ribbons like tiger stripes, I ended up going over with a trowel again to neaten back up.
Second coat the same thing laid down fresh mix as I was doing both sides, flatten immediately and it put stripes in the plaster.
It’s probably because you lay on neater than a speedskim can get it. As for me makes mine flatter lol
did you dress the edge with some sand paper?

My experience was similar.

Somebody left my tools with Somebody else and when I went to collect them, the speedskim wasn't there.

Never bothered looking for it.

Oh poor grandad, disappointed again.
Difficult to say without seeing the speedskim, maybe the edge isn't as good as it should be.

It’s because there shite bud end of. wonky bit of plastic don’t get it

Give the edge a sand mate, wet and dry from Halfords is good.

Yes.
It needs breaking in, just like any new tool mate.