speed skim video

Members online

i love it, but only for flattening. i was thinking of buying a 300 and 600 today .... then it came to me. i could buy two 1200 replacement blades for £14 and just cut them to size: 150;200;300;700 whatever I wanted. I could just attach some batten to the side, round the corners, and hey presto, I would have a complete set. granted they wouldn't look as good, but I think they would work exactly the same. anyone else tried this?

speedskim aren't a sponsor are they :RpS_unsure:

i love it, but only for flattening. i was thinking of buying a 300 and 600 today .... then it came to me. i could buy two 1200 replacement blades for £14 and just cut them to size: 150;200;300;700 whatever I wanted. I could just attach some batten to the side, round the corners, and hey presto, I would have a complete set. granted they wouldn't look as good, but I think they would work exactly the same. anyone else tried this?

not yet :RpS_wink:

If your on site cut a bit of thermabate cavity closure down.

They are a sponsor

Sent from my C1905 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Hi dan ,just watched the video and I think you are wrong in saying "it's finished" looked ready for troweling and saving at that stage, not quality at all, ok for DIY, self painting etc but no where near good enough for quality work not by a mile, it's the wrong tool been used incorrectly ,god help those who try this, I would run them and snap the speed skim over their heads..just saying

"its finished" with the speedskim not finished altogether you tool... u would know this if you had read the posts or description on vid,

thanks to the people who gave constructive criticism and good comments though.. never said this was the way to use it... just how I sometimes do..
these forums can be canny cut throat, its like your putting your neck on the line sharing. not bother in future

Cutting them down to your preferred size jesus shipwreck you've got to much to time on your hands !go and watch everton with the other bitter spanky!merry xmas to my fellow evertonians here what I wantfor xmas nil points for your lot !all the best shipwreck and spanky!

Ah seeing it now.:RpS_thumbup:
so its a plastic blade with a metal tip? How you getting on with it?

Yes will need to get my head round it - when I lay up second coat then use it straightway by applying lightly then every 5 to 10 mins intervals - apply firmer etc but great piece of kit as need more practice then get used to it.

Do u have the new speedskim

Looks like the Sf will make the plastic blade obsolete if that lecturers comments are anything to go by

I wouldnt have thought so. I thought the plastic blade open's the finish up and the metal closes it in for finishing............:RpS_unsure: