Spatulas or speedskims

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the new blades for? We use the 1200 and find it great when hitting large areas, you do need to get on it when the plaster is still wet to get best results as i've noticed if left to long it does have a habit of dragging the plaster. Thinking off buying the smaller one for splashback areas in kitchens where we need to level of for tiler once kitchen has been fitted. How much is pole attachment and is there any deals on?

go on the website mate they have bundle deals running on there some of them include the pole attachment i think, and the new baldes are for finishing:RpS_thumbup:

Whats the new blades for? We use the 1200 and find it great when hitting large areas, you do need to get on it when the plaster is still wet to get best results as i've noticed if left to long it does have a habit of dragging the plaster. Thinking off buying the smaller one for splashback areas in kitchens where we need to level of for tiler once kitchen has been fitted. How much is pole attachment and is there any deals on?

Hi mate - The new finishing blades will in our opinion complete the process quite well in that you use the Speedskim standard blade first, which doesn't bring moisture to the surface. Allowing you to get your 2 coats flattened in quickly (then it sits nicely). The finishing blade which is extremely flexible will complete large areas. This then reduces the need for trowel - resulting in an easier overall plastering process, slightly faster with less fatigue.

Yes you do have to deploy the Speedskim on multi and board finish almost straight away - this is part of getting used to the tool and adopting a slightly different process than traditional methods. Hitting it straight away is an advantage as it is speeding up the whole job. Its not a panic as the Speedskim flattens at great pace. As well as making the job easier with less sweat you can attempt to put more on or feel confident with slightly larger hits.

This is not our just our opinion I'm stating what is fed back to us by customers..

The new universal pole attachment is £15.99 plus shipping. Shipping on our website is £3.75 and on eBay its £4.00. This is recorded delivery 2 to 3 day service in both cases. Next day service would be nearly £7.00 so we have gone for 2 to 3 day recorded as we feel it pushes the price up too much otherwise for the customer. All other Speedskim single items and sets are despatched using UK Mail 24 hour courier.

There are many Speedskim sets/deals available (at the moment a larger range available on the Speedskim website including various sizes with pole attachment as a set)

We will be doing a deal/special offer on the Forum which we will run past Danny (so not agreed just yet). It will be difficult for us to knock much off as the prices are already pitched to be very attractive and affordable. Our objective is to be affordable - its right for us and we know the game is getting harder for you guys. I'm probably right in saying that Christmas has knocked us all for SIX!

We will be doing something, perhaps discounts on shipping...

Hope this is helpful and informative for others at the same time :RpS_thumbup:

Hi again mate - dont think I answered you question entirely. Yes the 600 is great for splashback areas etc. We do get a lot of kitchen fitters buying them and they have said how flat they get the substrate ready for tiling whether using 'tight coat' bonding or skim coat. :)

I use the refina s*p*r*lex spatula and pole.best money i ever spent makes the job, especially ceilings a lot easier.just arranging mortgage to buy their 1000 spatula.

never used a speedskim but a often use a refina spat on skimming and thery are the dogs b*ll***s easy fast and flattens in lovely quality tool and product worth a buy anyday

Received my speed skim package today 1200/600 with pole attachment, will update once we are skimming again, frozen out of work now...
Preferences

Received my speed skim package today 1200/600 with pole attachment, will update once we are skimming again, frozen out of work now...
Preferences

Gibbo will look forward to your findings...................:RpS_thumbup:

Preferences

Thanks again for the purchase mate. Its worth taking a look at the Speedskim Introduction & User Guide link which would have come through on your automated payment confirmation.

Hopefully you have seen it but for others,when you purchase its a useful quick reference 'how to' guide which covers all Speedskim applications, together with blade change tutorial and recommended tips on care & maintenance.

I hope you liked the presentation of the Speedskim transit box. The pole attachment probably came in a white box (temporary arrangement) - going forward these will arrive in padded bag inside a courier poly-bag rather like when you receive an iPhone.

Hope you get on well - if you need any technical input or additional info please give us a call or pm..

Thanks again

Scott

Attachments

• SPEEDSKIM 1200 TR Box Transit Packaging WEB.jpg
    SPEEDSKIM 1200 TR Box Transit Packaging WEB.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 282
£50!! What the f**k this seems no different to my fire escape sign stuck to an old trowel that's extendable either a bit of 2x1!!! Total cost nada as I borrowed the fire escape sign from as site! Or a fiver if you really want to buy one :p

£50!! What the f**k this seems no different to my fire escape sign stuck to an old trowel that's extendable either a bit of 2x1!!! Total cost nada as I borrowed the fire escape sign from as site! Or a fiver if you really want to buy one :p

Proper professional pikey

Haha pikied the **** out of it!! In all honesty I haven't used one of these since I was a 'youngen' used it to give the final 2 trowels, can't remember what it was like now... Think at the time I was knocking out a full estate of houses just skimming every day! The thought of it now makes me want to slit my wrists...

thinking of giving one of these a go for flattening and possibly final trowel, in thinking of a massive 28incher for flattening but a bit reluctant to part with £50 for an upgraded fire escape sign ;-)

if I remember rightly the fire escape wouldn't flatten as it was to hard a material it would just pull the plaster off if its too early..

can anyone confirm that these plastic trowels are made for flattening as well?

Plastic trowels wont flatten mate, they'll give you that impression because they leave less lines but they will follow any contours on an over-skim.
They are however good for stair winders, barn conversions old cottages, etc anything thats not flat. Also good for a last trowel if you want it shiny !!!
They have their place but won get things flat.

Job I'm on at the moment, the spread who's skimming has a Refina Spat and an 16" Plastic(speedskim) trowel had a play with both, love em, got to get a spat and placky trowel, he reckons they improve his output, and make work a lot easier.

Just a note to say we will be doing some deals. We will load some of our combination & pro sets onto our website 'payment request' system and will put a thread up when that's done. The deals will operate like our Speedskim end of summer offer in that members can pm us what they would like to purchase rather than leave any personal details on the thread :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.