Spats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

I have never heard of spats , what ist it and how does it work , whats the application technique , ive got a few soreads and none of them know about them , 1st time i heard of them was on here , can someone enlighten me

Blade

Did a search , diddnt really help Dave , can anone who uses them a lot explain

Thanks

Blade

Its the same as a dardy really. Stainless steel blades in different sizes,can get the pole to go with it for ceilings. Use it to flatten skim.Does this help?

dont bother blade a waste of time use your trowel i took a guy who used a spat on he was shite

The super flex spats are good for flattening coats the others are used for rendering mate

ill get one and give it a go , seems like a bit of a waste though , it cant save any time as your putting on with a trowel and troweling up with a trowel , its not going to make the setting go off any quicker is it ? Is it a Eastern european thing ?

Blade

I lay a coat on flatten it with the spat then sponge and trowel it mate I'm still experementing with using the spat after it's sponged tried it once came out good but still need to finish it with a trowel i use a plastic trowel for cross troweling

Thats another new thing ive only heard of on this site , a plastic trowel ? , i have met a lot of spreads and none have used a plastic trowel , whats the advantage

Blade

i aint ever used any of this stuff either, just a stainless steel trowel and a set of rules

Try the plastic trowel mate just for cross troweling if not chuck it in the bin it's only 20 odd quid

does any one here use a spat?! you lay on and then use the spat to flatten and finish thats why they are so good,

Status
Not open for further replies.