Sparky £100 per hour

FreeD

Private Member
So lets talk about what to charge...granted this is in Cambridge and he probably has some filthy rich clients...but £100 per hour?...and you have Pimlico charging higher rates for plumbing in London.

I'm actually thinking that I have been underpricing at £300 per day.

Obviously got the gift of the gab.

So lets talk about what to charge...granted this is in Cambridge and he probably has some filthy rich clients...but £100 per hour?...and you have Pimlico charging higher rates for plumbing in London.

Well I can honestly say he wouldn't be getting that of me the southern pussy

I'm skimming on price mate @3.50 a metre
earning more than that

I actually think
most spreads are full of s**t

I under charged for years tbh but don’t anymore , my business sense wasn’t there at all as I love what i do
I did sit down and write out everything like he said though which was my turning point mate
It was also hard to admit that I’d f**k*d up for years but look forward is the best we can do not back

I under charged for years tbh but don’t anymore , my business sense wasn’t there at all as I love what i do
I did sit down and write out everything like he said though which was my turning point mate
It was also hard to admit that I’d f**k*d up for years but look forward is the best we can do not back

Same, I used to undercharge was always getting told you need to up your prices.

Same, I used to undercharge was always getting told you need to up your prices.
Yes you need that balance don't under charge and make your self bankrupt. And don't be a geady c**t and over charge and be fuked for work. So it that word that you need in mind if it work drinking eating except s*x! Balance

Good luck coming up to yorkshire, and asking for that kind of money spreading...

Good luck coming up to yorkshire, and asking for that kind of money spreading...
I think the problems come for small outfits and sole traders when they set 'their rate'. It can't work as an applies to every job approach.

You have to work out and set your minimum so that you're always earning. However jobs vary so widely that it should only be used as a starting point.

Some jobs at £200 a day would be easy money. Others will stand £500.

Where it is, what it is, how much graft is involved, how long to organise, will you hate it or enjoy it etc.

Electricians and plumbers can charge a premium as lots wont try electrics... where as plastering, painting etc. people can have a go and if it looks bad it tends to not burn the house down or kill them.

for most things I do now is put high prices in and those jobs I do get get cover what I need but I dont have to work like a dog.

Electricians and plumbers can charge a premium as lots wont try electrics... where as plastering, painting etc. people can have a go and if it looks bad it tends to not burn the house down or kill them.

for most things I do now is put high prices in and those jobs I do get get cover what I need but I dont have to work like a dog.

plastering is a different beast
from other trades

(y) (y)

In demand again now we are mate same as the brick layers average age of them 55 and like on here there’s a lot of old dudes not many young at all

Most of the trades fellas I work with/for/work for me are in there 50s I'd say there's a real shortage coming down the line , most young lads now mind are computing etc they don't want the graft.

I think the problems come for small outfits and sole traders when they set 'their rate'. It can't work as an applies to every job approach.

You have to work out and set your minimum so that you're always earning. However jobs vary so widely that it should only be used as a starting point.

Some jobs at £200 a day would be easy money. Others will stand £500.

Where it is, what it is, how much graft is involved, how long to organise, will you hate it or enjoy it etc.
I just take it as an average at the end of the year, some projects I win on,some I break even or even lose money, our jobs/projects range from a grand to over a hundred grand. It's when outside factors such as adverse weather which I can't factor in, for instance May this year was one of the wettest for a hundred years, it cost me a fortune in lost revenue, yet I still had all my fixed costs.

I just take it as an average at the end of the year, some projects I win on,some I break even or even lose money, our jobs/projects range from a grand to over a hundred grand. It's when outside factors such as adverse weather which I can't factor in, for instance May this year was one of the wettest for a hundred years, it cost me a fortune in lost revenue, yet I still had all my fixed costs.
I'm getting to the point now where I just make it up on the day. :sisi:

Look at the shitholes he is working in - he says his rate on YouTube to pull in the work at that price.
He needs to:
1. Buy a coat that fits him - looks a right c**t
2. Needs a massive punch in the face with his annoying Cambridge accent. :)

Anyway on my job this week:
Chippy - a c**t
Sparks - a c**t
Plumber - a c**t
But the biggest c**t is the brickie, turned up without a line or level and started running in a 10 foot block wall…God give me strength

Plasterers do get paid the sh*test of all trades and one of the hardest trades which no customers or builders want to take on? Doesn't add up...

When we take our car for MOT we happily pay £45 per hour for labour

even a driving lesson £55 per hour

but plastering some people charge as little as £20 per hour...

Most of the trades fellas I work with/for/work for me are in there 50s I'd say there's a real shortage coming down the line , most young lads now mind are computing etc they don't want the graft.
Fuckking snowflake generation weak as pissh

Been doing that since I started
And 80 a day was born, richest man in donny.
badge.png

Plasterers do get paid the sh*test of all trades and one of the hardest trades which no customers or builders want to take on? Doesn't add up...

When we take our car for MOT we happily pay £45 per hour for labour

even a driving lesson £55 per hour

but plastering some people charge as little as £20 per hour...
Just had a chat to wife.. maybe I shouldn't hate job as much.
Conversation kinda went .
. I left school.with f**k all.grades . No idea what I wanted to do . ( defo.wasnt f**k**g.plastering and still don't know what I want to do ) but here I am after loosing thousands in divorce building on to house out of cash ( and a small.loan ) I.ve earnt out of hard graft.. never asked any one for a penny and can honestly say every bit of work I have had is from recommendations and grafting at right time for right people. .
Personally I don't think it's down to what you charge ( you could charge 1000 a hour but no good if your out goings are 1000.1p )
One thing which should be teached in school... can never remember being taught life skills . Just f**k**g French which I have never needed once in my life.
Funny thing is . 90 percent of them who grafted at school can't afford what I order in a restaurant.

Anyway there's a point in there some where I think. I.m wankered. Off to be

Come on england

P
. I left school.with f**k all.grades . No idea what I wanted to do . ( defo.wasnt f**k**g.plastering and still don't know what I want to do ) but here I am after loosing thousands in divorce building on to house out of cash ( and a small.loan ) I.ve earnt out of hard graft.. never asked any one for a penny and can honestly say every bit of work I have had is from recommendations and grafting at right time for right people. .
Personally I don't think it's down to what you charge ( you could charge 1000 a hour but no good if your out goings are 1000.1p )
One thing which should be teached in school... can never remember being taught life skills . Just f**k**g French which I have never needed once in my life.
Funny thing is . 90 percent of them who grafted at school can't afford what I order in a restaurant.

Come on england
Ps think.i.m alergic to nettle stings

Come on england
Awwww...got a little tear in my eye reading that
..does jonnywonny want a cuddle

G** THREAD CLOSED!!!