Sparks lol

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Just been to a job to get paid and the spark comes out and shouts can I have a word and walks off. So I said who with me or the builder he goes you , the plasterer. So I go in and he takes me up to a socket and says youve cut the cable too short and I cant get the cover to line up with the backbox (its next to another socket and the earth is going inbetween). So I look at him and said well you left too much out and I had to cut them coz they need to go into the backbox. I said" look Ive not done this malliciously" to try and keep it civil "but you left them too long.
He says well we normally leave em about 8" with his hands and other plasterers manage!
Cheeky t**t so I said, "you left em too long and how do I get 4 cables that where 1ft long each into a single back box?" 4 of them out of another back box had writing on em at the end! They were lucky that I wrote back on them, others would have just cut them. So I just said see ya and when Im leaving he says "you'll know for next time!" So I said "yeh and next time you'll know to cut them to the right length"
WTF do sparks think they are! If I thought that someone would just cut my cables and would cause me problems I'd have sorted them myself! Next they'll want their arse wiping and spoon feeding.

same old story mate, we had a bloke try to threaten us with 'im telling robert (the builder) about this, theyre too short and the whole place has gotta be rewired' i just laughed at him and told him to f**k off. we did the first flat when they werent there, so we cut the wires to a reasonable length, shoved them in the box and didnt cut them out afterwards. saw him on the next one and said if you cut them and put them in we will clean the boxes out while its still wet, he said sound, still didnt do it. so i cut the wires down to about 4 inches and absolutely filled the boxes in. they were that full that the bloke i work with said 'you've got a small hole in your wall there' and i said no thats a box haha. they pissed everyone off that much that even the brickies labourers were going round and gaffer taping all the lights coming out of the ceiling, like half a roll per cable lol. i'm all for helping the other trades, like wiping the bottom of the walls so the skirting can go straight on. cleaning casings off etc. but when they dont help you i think f**k um!

Thimk the worst 1 i came across was one of these multi purpose switches in a kitchen, all appliences were individually switched on one big box, .i cable tied them all together,still a c**t to work round though.

Oh Ive filled up the boxes as well ;D If Id have cleaned them which I normally do then all hed have to do is screw in a few screws but why should I help him out when they do cr*p like that?
Ill help other trades as well but when I started this job I even said to the builder your spark likes alot of waste doesnt he! Hed left loads of cable out from the ceiling spot lights ( I mean loads and it was looped so its even more) and every single cable coming out from the sockets had to be cut. You wouldnt waste time cuttin them if they would fit into the socket so it stands to reason that they were too long.
Add up all the excess cable on each job. Do you think hed waste it if he was paying for it himself?!

sparks think they are higher up the ladder because they wear fancy pants with loadsa pockets and are clean, but really they behave that way because they cannot grow chest hair and this complex eats away at them every day

I have to agree sparks are the biggest wankers on site

My GF's dad is a spark by trade and he is as well...lol

I have a saying you wind em in and I will cut em out

Danny

Job im on is the same I even told them the other day that if the coil em up there boxes will be cleaned out, they did with about 3 boxes.

Some how the rest are f*ckin full of board adhesive ;)

They are thick as it gets, the ball is in their court because they are first in, but they are too f*ckin thick to realise if they plss us off we can get them back.

exactly mate, its alot easier for us to cut some wires and put them in the box than it is for them to clean out a full box

Lazy sparks springs to mind! Youre right though their in first but how stupid are they not to think ahead and realize that theyve got to go in after us as well. I mean my jobs done.

theres f'kin bucketloads of em on our job, a good 60% of em are under 25 and dont give a sh't but some of the older ones are sound, I get on with em, work round em wherever possible and when I find a job where the youngsters have been in and missed something which is obviosly gonna f'ck the job up I get hold of shane (like their chargehand, good bloke) and he'll send one of the older ones round and it gets sorted, and quick cos they know I'm on a price...
ill work with em when i can cos it just doesnt do to fall out with em really and hopefully the older ones will pass some of their attitude down onto the younger ones...

Its a plastering related post. Its about sparks holding up plasterers and how to handle them. Turning into a prefect wont get you any stars any quicker ;)

Bruce Willis said:
Its a plastering related post. Its about sparks holding up plasterers and how to handle them. Turning into a prefect wont get you any stars any quicker ;)
you callin me a grass ;D well thought i might get a little star out of it :p soz Bruce Sparks eh......

Status
Not open for further replies.