Spanish Knife Texture Artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpine1

Just on the off chance!! Got a couple of walls to artex for a customer that has a really Thick spanish knife texture to match existing artex. Picture supplied.

Now I'm normally covering this unattractive stuff, but does any one have any tips for a quick application. Can I be troweled on first to get the thickness ect ??

To match the existing I will be using a 100mm filling knife.

Thanks in Advance for any advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,048
pva the area and trowel on, mix up enough material to do the whole job in one gauge.

Cheers Malc, I've already pva'd the plasterboard ready.

Thought I might be able to trowel on first. 22 square meters with a 100mm filling knife was giving me nightmares.

Hope I've got enough artex now with 2x 25kg bags !!!

Thanks again.

if you havent got your filling knife yet get them from here:

FILLING KNIVES, SCRAPERS

theyre cheap as chips but superb. really flexible. i got about ten different sizes for about 15 quid. use them for round sockets above doors scraping off snot ends. great for final trowel around sockets and switches and narrow door jambs instead of 400 quid for the nela midget :RpS_thumbup:

do good hydrorubber sponges as well for patching feathering :RpS_thumbup:

i dont work for them honest

Cheers Malc, I've already pva'd the plasterboard ready.

Thought I might be able to trowel on first. 22 square meters with a 100mm filling knife was giving me nightmares.

Hope I've got enough artex now with 2x 25kg bags !!!

Thanks again.

One bag should do that mate.
If you've gotta match exactly mix up & practice on a bit of board first & thin it down with more water till it matches.
Then trowel it on & work from top to bottom copying the original pattern, keep stopping & stand back to compare, you'll have ages with it.

Cheers Nisus, appreciate the tips fella. Been along time dice I last did artex.
Stipple finish last time.
The reason for troweling on was due to me only putting in a day rate and tying to speed up the process.
And Jurek I bought the 100mm one off ebay last week but wil bear you in mind for next time fella. These salesmen never sleep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.