Space saving in the van.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMac

Private Member
Just bought a vito and I'm looking for ideas on how to hang/store stuff.

Feel free to post a picture, don't worry about the mess. :)

Thanks in advance, Dan.

Last edited:
I aint got nothing fancy, 2 blocks wood 3by2 screw in lining about 2 foot apart, then screw piece of 2 foot bit facing/skirting onto that, tada:RpS_thumbsup:, trowel hangers!
I got few of them numbers on lining of van for slipping darby's, levels,spats whatever in.
Aint pretty but do the job.

A couple of shelves, ideal for screws, scrim,etc. On one side I have lenths of gutter, ideal for beads, roller pole, sandin pole, and a couple of gutter brackets for hangin random shite ext leads darby etc, but to be honest Danny my vans still a mess:rolleyes)

Stud wall down the middle then you can use both sides :)

LOL, funny you say that though. I had thought of something similar but not down to middle.

I was thinking of sectioning off about a quarter of it behind the driver so 8by4s could slide in on their edge. But the shape of the metal partition behind the driver doesn't allow for this.

However more in with your thinking, I could build 2 stud walls down the middle with a 20 inch gap to allow for 30+ boards and still have room either side to hang ladders etc.

It would be nice not to have to take all the tools out each time we want to pick up a few boards.

Last edited:
i took the metal bulkhead out of my transit because of plasterboard doesnt fit.
plylined the bulkhead and racked 3 shelves down the side, now the beads straight edges etc lay nice and the boards lay on their side against racking,
job done!!!

Maybe....

transitb.jpg

Thanks for the replies, this is what we've done so far.

20120929112023.jpg

Plasma cutter makes life easier

20120929122039.jpg

Ends for the trowel hangers being made

20120929122358.jpg

Frame welded, painted and fitted

20120929124816.jpg
20120929135207.jpg

Danny, you have just cleaned that van out. Post a pic after first job cause if your like me it will be back to a mess!

the levels knock about abit but the stools sit on the boxing round the wheel arches so they dont move.The black bead tube is canny secure at the top. its tricky trying to custome build everything sometimes you've just gotta make do marra......

**** me that looks like laurence llewellan mcboen or wot ever hes called has had a go at ur van!! send him round to mine its a right state.i need a new labourer its not unusual to have to have to dig me bucket trowel out of part bucket of skim on a monday morn:RpS_crying:

They slide under the table. :)

Nice one Danny, You mean after you've emptied most of the van out first like :RpS_unsure:
I saw a van before that had a similar table to yours but it was the full length of the van with a ply top so basically a false floor he could get 25 8x4's underneath & still had full use above as if it was the floor. :RpS_thumbup:

Got loads more stories/ideas/photos but I'm under the influence at the mo so I'll reply more tomorrow Marra :RpS_thumbup:

Most of the stuff fits on the table so not too much messing about really, the bulkhead wont allow for boards on their edge so we are quite limited on what we can do.

I do like that idea of a full length table, I'm just wondering how that might work if you throw 20+ bags of powder on it. It'd have to be pretty strong.

Nice one Danny, You mean after you've emptied most of the van out first like :RpS_unsure:
I saw a van before that had a similar table to yours but it was the full length of the van with a ply top so basically a false floor he could get 25 8x4's underneath & still had full use above as if it was the floor. :RpS_thumbup:

Got loads more stories/ideas/photos but I'm under the influence at the mo so I'll reply more tomorrow Marra :RpS_thumbup:

Under the influence Pmsl !!! I know that place? Lol

how many trowels does 1 man need lol ? i only have 3 one for rendering float and set etc and 1 for skimming and then me plastic

Most of the stuff fits on the table so not too much messing about really, the bulkhead wont allow for boards on their edge so we are quite limited on what we can do.

I do like that idea of a full length table, I'm just wondering how that might work if you throw 20+ bags of powder on it. It'd have to be pretty strong.

Yeah that's true, well the van I saw was a lwb so the table started by the back doors & finished about 3ft from the bulkhead, then that section was blocked off with ply & that's where he put his bags of gear & cement mixer.

Under the influence Pmsl !!! I know that place? Lol

i assume your talking about your lass!!!!!!...................:RpS_laugh:

many trowels make light work :RpS_unsure: haha i have about 12 trowels or so haha

LOL only 4 of those trowels are mine. One for dotting and floating, one for skimming, a small one for hemp lime and a plazzi.

The others are Andy's.

Just remember if you have a belle mixer & you go with a full length table it could be a **** to lift the mixer in and out if you're working alone Danny. Suppose you could split it so that it leaves a bay big enough for the mixer like :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.