Sp11 first use

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi

We have had our sp11 in the firm for around 4 months but only used it for the first time the other day to spray mono. The guy from putzmeister came and showed us around the machine when he delivered it and ran it with water in and told us everything about it but that was about 4 months ago and can't remember the finer points he said.

When we used it to spray around 60 meters the other day we got it mixing / pumping and spraying but it was pretty stressful didn't know if it was going well or not really. I was spraying but didn't feel in control really felt like it was going a bit fast for me and was a bit messy.

How can i slow it down a bit? Slower engine speed? And turn that silver dial down think that's for the stator? Does that slow down air pressure or is that controlled by the engine speed?

They're coming out to help us with it soon but we have got a last minit job to do this Tuesday and could do with a bit of help

Thanks guys

@owls had a diesel, think he will know. mcPlaster had one but hardly ever on here. Stuart from UK machines may be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been flickin thru the manual and it just sounds alot easier when you read about it. Think I had the output turned up too high. The other thing I couldn't work out was why it was blasting it at the wall so hard I had to have the air bleed tap turned on 2 3rds to stop it blasting it every where and back at me. The vids of people using sp11 online make it look so easy and controlled

@owls is your man he run a similar machine. @PFTwales will know also.

First time you use a machine its always like "oh sh1t this is too fast" you just have to get used to it and you will do don't worry.

They are a top machine from what I hear

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been flickin thru the manual and it just sounds alot easier when you read about it. Think I had the output turned up too high. The other thing I couldn't work out was why it was blasting it at the wall so hard I had to have the air bleed tap turned on 2 3rds to stop it blasting it every where and back at me. The vids of people using sp11 online make it look so easy and controlled

I'm sure you will get there mate

How long can I leave the gear in the pipes before it starts becoming a problem? Because when we've done it by hand in the past it's not long before it picks up the the bucket. And is 6 bags and 30 litres about right? With weber pral

you can leave it in there for half hour no probs. is there a pressure guage connected to the mixing paddle. take the reading of the pressure guage when you have the correct mix and always aim to get the pressure guage in the same place for every mix.

There is a speed control on machine. no need to touch the engine

just offload air at the gun if you have too much

I think your questions been answered.
if you adjust your air that will stop it flying everywhere,30 mins this time of year 20c plus is pushing it for wet gear in your black laggings, it will start to firm up fairly sharpish. your on the money with around 30 litres for pral m
its like anything else once you are familiar with the set up its second nature, and you will know what speed to run and the exact amount of air you need. the main thing is get a decent bagger on your machine, leave him with the machine and you concentrate on the wall. and keep your gun clean, spotless, and bits of mortar solidifying around the cap will build up in no time.
the diesel machines are very straight forward, just keep them topped up with pink diesel, as if you leave it to run dry it will drag any crap in your tank through.

Last edited:
Thanks we will have another bash at it next week maybe. We've got a job to do off a cherry picker. Sounds fun!

Also on the same job they're asking if we can cut a sign into a wall with a ivory backing coat. Then black over it and cut out the sign down to the ivory. Anyone ever done this?

We had a go at weber rend rb n that was easy and thought if we get the sign writing cut into a price of ply and fix it into position over the wall we could use a depth set ashlar cutter to cut it out.

saying that I don't own a diesel machine anymore after owning 2 up until last year, they are ideal for big site use but I moved away from site work and just do smaller developments and having near 20 grand sat at the yard gathering dust was daft, lads that work for us use an mtec or an old g4 that looks older than gods dog. but I was tempted to just buy one new diesel the new lancy ph9s after having it on demo from strata but I think smaller machines are better suited for us these days.

I think your questions been answered.
if you adjust your air that will stop it flying everywhere,30 mins this time of year 20c plus is pushing it for wet gear in your black laggings, it will start to firm up fairly sharpish. your on the money with around 30 litres for pral m
its like anything else once you are familiar with the set up its second nature, and you will know what speed to run and the exact amount of air you need. the main thing is get a decent bagger on your machine, leave him with the machine and you concentrate on the wall. and keep your gun clean, spotless, and bits of mortar solidifying around the cap will build up in no time.
the diesel machines are very straight forward, just keep them topped up with pink diesel, as if you leave it to run dry it will drag any crap in your tank through.

Laggings ! Ey up

U mean cut out just with one colour then paint it? Could be an idea. Then it'll be the painters problem!

Problem solved. They didn't want that bit done in monocouche they're leaving a panel then doing it in sand n cement.

Break down in communication!

Thanks for your help on that one tho.

But they did tell us at weber that the colours won't bleed into one another when they were talking about rendering elevations in 2 different colours. Think it was a school he was talking about with 2 different colours seperated by a wavey line

Problem solved. They didn't want that bit done in monocouche they're leaving a panel then doing it in sand n cement.

Break down in communication!

Thanks for your help on that one tho.

But they did tell us at weber that the colours won't bleed into one another when they were talking about rendering elevations in 2 different colours. Think it was a school he was talking about with 2 different colours seperated by a wavey line

No two colours meeting is different I just done this myself.

Black on the top of ivory will tho.
I imagine the suction will pull it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.