Sourcing Multi

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Has anyone got a source for multi...are people seriously working and paying £30 plus a bag...just seen a 30 bags on Ebay for 1K :oops:

There was a decorator on Twitter asking for a bag of multi.

The shortage is going to make it very difficult for domestic spreads if the lockdown is lifted in a week or so.

Anyone buying at that rate wants there F*****g heads checked.

Anyone selling at that rate wants a glass smashing twisting and repeat straight through there kite!

Presumably the cost will be passed onto the customer. Given that they're inviting randoms into their houses in the current circumstances they deserve the bill they're getting and more.

You can't blame people for wanting to keep food on the table. Deciding you want plastering done in the middle of a global pandemic on the other hand is utter madness.

There was a decorator on Twitter asking for a bag of multi.

The shortage is going to make it very difficult for domestic spreads if the lockdown is lifted in a week or so.

Everyones going to be in the s**t site & domestic likewise it will knock on to other trades also!

Its ok were going to get a politician pc bullshit update from British Gypsum on Friday.

Merchants havent had correct stock for 2 years I dread to think how bad it will be!

80% of domestics i do,dont involve other trades..
So in my case it will be the individual plasterer and customer who will suffer until stocks go back up. Cant see stocks being up for weeks if not months.

When Smiths open I'll see if they can deliver a pallet to me. If they will I'll post a competition on here and the winner gets the pallet.

Not sure what the competition will be though. Last man (or woman) standing maybe?

When Smiths open I'll see if they can deliver a pallet to me. If they will I'll post a competition on here and the winner gets the pallet.

Not sure what the competition will be though. Last man (or woman) standing maybe?

Like I.ll fall for that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-183038_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200428-183038_Samsung Internet.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 138

I had builder phone me up yesterday acting the big man saying he had 2 empty houses to go at and had materials so wants a cheap price because he knows theres no work for you lads because of BG.

Conversion lasted 10 seconds after that and was made aware I'd come to his poxy houses and knock him out in front of all his muppet trades if he carrys on talking.

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!

I had builder phone me up yesterday acting the big man saying he had 2 empty houses to go at and had materials so wants a cheap price because he knows theres no work for you lads because of BG.

Conversion lasted 10 seconds after that and was made aware I'd come to his poxy houses and knock him out in front of all his muppet trades if he carrys on talking.

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!
Ye got his number .

B nq at Corton woods rammed with boards n finish

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!
What a prick

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!

Builders can be utter c**ts just middlemen looking to take advantage

I bought loads on the Friday that the schools got closed. Still have about 30 bags and 30 boards but that won’t last long. Luckily I’ve got loads of mono to do but now the cunting weather has turned typically English

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!
What a c**t, have you worked for him before?

I bet builders,big outfits,developers are loving this.thinking we will get cheap cheap cheap.tell u what if there take piss with prices and take advantage of a pandemic that's knowbody fault,il take major piss with my finish il leave.dont give a f**k

Was f**k**g fuming!!!!

You missed a trick there pal. Should have said yes, rolled up and cleared the lot out and left him £3:65 a bag so he couldn't say you nicked it. (y)

A builder friend of mine was told yesterday by a jewson manager that bg told them it will be 6months before supply is back to normal.

I bought loads on the Friday that the schools got closed. Still have about 30 bags and 30 boards but that won’t last long. Luckily I’ve got loads of mono to do but now the cunting weather has turned typically English

Thing is where do you stop still need backing coats, different boards for specs etc

A builder friend of mine was told yesterday by a jewson manager that bg told them it will be 6months before supply is back to normal.

I heard for a reliable source start of June we will start to see trickle of bags whatever that means :frenetico:

Hi first post here, I managed to get 40 bags (£8.50 a bag) on Friday was a 2hr round trip but couldn’t get any elsewhere for a reasonable price. Branch manager said he has 2 more pallets of multi probably all sold now but worth a shot lads. NDI in Birmingham is where I got it from.

Last edited:
I had a customer ring me up last week begging me to plaster 2 bedrooms I said you can't afford me she was like why I said the materials will cost twice as much as the Labour at the minute, I told her to stop being impatient and I'll do it once it blows over as I only live 10 mins told her it's very unlikely any plasterers will work on a domestic at this point but she's probably still rang around