soundproofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken1177

Hi all,
Ive been asked to plaster rooms in a recording studio the guy that wants the job doing isn't worried about sound going through the walls as its a detached building, but he doesn't want the sound bouncing around the room causing an echo effect. Do soundbloc boards work or would sound just reflect and bounce of the walls keeping the sound in the room. What he's looking for is the sound to be absorbed an deadened.

Cheers all.
[h=1][/h]

Yes my understanding of it, is that sound bounces off hard surfaces whilst soft materials absorb and deaden.

I worked on the national football museum in Manchester and they used a type of board perforated with loads of small holes to deaden echo IIRC.

Or you could PVA loads of egg boxes to the walls. :RpS_biggrin:

look into how sound travels my son has his own studio and one thing i remember him telling me is what a lot of people use to control the sound is book shelves with different amounts of books on each shelf to deaden the noise. maybe carpet the ceiling ;) drop a ceiling below the existing ceiling? fit boxes to the ceiling? the studios i have been in they sometimes have a material hanging from the ceiling like a massive sheet below the ceiling.

perforatedgypsumo1.gif

These aren't plastered.

I'm not sure what you put behind them, maybe a double acoustic board to keep the sound in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.