soundproofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

i have to soundproof a small pokey cupboard room for an old lady who has a bunch of students moving in next door, i was going to fix battens, rockwool then sound block board then skim, would a parge coat before i fix the battens make any appreciable difference and would double boarding be a better bet than single sound block, any ideas would be much appreciated as i want it as quiet as possible for the old dear. or i could just nick the batteries to her hearing aid.

I think you can go over the top with these sound proofing worse one we did was a coat of sound coat then plank dabbed with sound check board on top it passed the sound test so must of worked, what i have heard is with the parge coat put it on rough as the sound gets defused.

suits me mate ,,,,,,,, all my rendering is rough. do you think double half inch board would be better than single sound block

sounds like a plan, i reckon i might hide the batteries from the hearing aid too, just to make sure. she will think im ace. cheers.

just go round and threaten the students into being quiet respectful neighbours

take their guitar away too

Status
Not open for further replies.