soundproofing ceiling/floor

Members online

Alright chaps :D

In our offices the tenants are complaining about the noise from the flats above. So I went along one day and I could hear almost every word the tenants upstairs were saying and they were not raising their voices..

What could I do?

I have plenty of head height in the offices... so maybe dropping the ceilings then packing it with egg box stuff?

I plan on converting the 2 offices to 2 flats in a few years so it will need doing anyway but I want the offices rented out for a few more years yet :D

Rip the floor up and install roomsmadeforyou silent floor system mate
There’s a number on website for installer to do the work if you don’t want to do it

Last edited:
There’s a number on website for installer to do the work if you don’t want to do it

The flats above are not mine :-( the building is but not the flats (at the moment anyway)

Looks good though... sound I assume travels through the timbers

The flats above are not mine :-( the building is but not the flats (at the moment anyway)

Looks good though... sound I assume travels through the timbers
Yes mate , try this one then instead wood is the biggest transfer of sound ,remember the gap around the edge is important bit to separate the new ceiling from touching the walls as touching transfer sound too ,pretty simple system and affective too but still might hear slight impact sound but tbf this is all you can do at present by looks of it

Might be still worth a call to Rmfy for accessment from an accredited installer too if needed , there is a network across U.K.they have all been trained and accessed by bg

When I done mine I used acoustic insulation between the joists, screwed the metal bars across the joists(can’t remeber the name of it) and double sheeted with soundboard. Can’t hear a thing although if the tv and sound bar that’s attached to the wall is up high the wife can hear it travelling up that wall.

If the office people sign a rental agreement for 10 years I will do it... but if they don't I w/o t waste any money until I convert it to flats....

Looks like an ace system...

Anybody know what the cost per m2 I materials is approx?

Danny you dont need that..................Between the joists you use RW3 which is used in most sound studios so perfect and the correct stuff and for the floor boards to joists you use another product called sound absorbing foam/rubber which is also used in studios and available everywhere cut to width etc.

If you can’t rip the floor up roles reverse the ceiling done it that way several times .