Sound or insulate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogomollie

Started new project today, I have an outhouse that I am converting to a utility room. Steel support went up today and should be knocking walls out tomorrow but once this is done I am going to dot n dab walls after electrician has been in. My walls are doubled brick except the joining wall that I share with the neighbours outhouse. Now do I board it with insulated board or will it be fine without? only asking cos with it being a single brick wall the sound is heard from the other side so this leaves me wondering if I should Soundbloc it? kind of would like to reduce sound and insulation but not sure which to do. Opinions????

Only real way to soundproof is to batten the walls, insulate, then fix resilient bars to the battens and use soundbloc boards.

Dont think dabbing with them does much. I have a recording studio at home, so I've tried various methods....resi bars and rockwool every time!

Only real way to soundproof is to batten the walls, insulate, then fix resilient bars to the battens and use soundbloc boards.

Dont think dabbing with them does much. I have a recording studio at home, so I've tried various methods....resi bars and rockwool every time!

did you use a soundproofing mat?

No I didn't.

The room is adjacent to our living room, and I have live drums in there.
Just a dull, light thud of the kick drum can be heard when playing, nothing more...so I'm more than happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.