Sorting someone elses bodge

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
Got an ongoing job (domestic) where the customer has been the subject of a total cowboy. Everything he's touched has ended up a disaster. I'm going round tomorrow to replace his bodged polystyrene cove, that he's stuck up with drywall adhesive AND has mitres in that you could almost put your fingers in! So naturally the customer is fuming because she has been stung. She's just texted me and told me that she has managed to get a hold of the cowboy and he's coming round tomorrow AND would i back her up? I have my thoughts on this obviously......but what would you guys do?

bodge job or not i wouldnt get involed in commenting on somebody else is work!! you want paying for doing a good job!!not geting a punch in the mouth for free

agree with above,
no matter how bad the workmanship, there is an unwritten rule of not commenting on other lads work, it aint got anythng to do with you, unless she feels intimidated by the other guy,which is a bit different.

Yeah bloody hell its a bit of a cheek to ask you to get involved in all fairness tell her straight it wasnt you that employed the other dude, plus most people would get pissy as soon as some one starts a job they were doing, so i dont think this ones gonna go down too well let us know how you get on lol

Thing is, by the looks of that pic earlier, he should know he's done a bad job. Get some of your coving up first then at least she can show him how it should look. And don't forget to scribe it like uncle steve showed you

Thanks uncle steve but i've already done a proper job on her hall. So she can show the nice chap the difference lol

There you go then, no need for you to get involved because your work is there for comparison

He's coming round because she wants to vent her displeasure, i presume. As far as i gather, he's been paid weeks ago.

cheers for the answers guys. Sums up what i was thinking. I reckon i'm going to walk away from this one. Because a) i really cant be arsed stripping shitey cove thats been dabbed and b) i think she might be a stalker AND c) she ended her text with a x lol

She wants you casper :RpS_laugh: Just remember your shiny black van might not look as nice with a big key scratch down the side from Mr cowboy :RpS_wink: I wouldn't get involved mate......well unless she ...... .. ....... ....!

I doubt if he would go back for a bollocking then lol i certainly wouldn't.

She called me earlier and said she was still shaking with anger. He came as promised and stood like a guilty schoolboy and took a good bollocking! Admitting he was not a plasterer and wasn't really sure what he was doing and he was now on the dole. She says she got £100 from him. Well, this is what she was telling me! Still, she wants me to go in and sort it out and just let her know how much! I almost feel sorry for the bloke.

She called me earlier and said she was still shaking with anger. He came as promised and stood like a guilty schoolboy and took a good bollocking! Admitting he was not a plasterer and wasn't really sure what he was doing and he was now on the dole. She says she got £100 from him. Well, this is what she was telling me! Still, she wants me to go in and sort it out and just let her know how much! I almost feel sorry for the bloke.

Some people are just fecked in the head what did he achieve? apart from losing a oner and hang on a minute some people pay alot of money for this s**t this blokes onto a winner if its his pervy fettish probably saved himself a few quid:RpS_lol:

He could be a complete arse and try to get violent should you dare to disagree with him! I don't see why you should be dragged into it though

dont feel sory for him,ar*sehole like that give us spreads a bad names and take our work, go along there do the job properly get your money and make yourself look the bees nees

i had a similar situation but the customer never told me the other guy was gonna turn up 10 minutes after i got there....just in time to hear me say "its all gotta come off and be re done" talk about awkward!

fair play he tried to tell me theres nothing wrong with it. when i asked the customer later on once id got the job did he prep any of the walls the response....."yeah he used pva and water and put it on with a spnonge????" anyone else willing to dip theyre hands in that shite?

Status
Not open for further replies.