sooty brickwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingbling

Hi guys got to price up a job to over skim a breast thats been taken down back to brick.
But iv heard of the soot bleeding through the finished wall
Whats the best way to stop this happening?

Hi guys got to price up a job to over skim a breast thats been taken down back to brick.
But iv heard of the soot bleeding through the finished wall
Whats the best way to stop this happening?
You won't be overskimming it if its back to brick?????

Mark Hardiman says you should use cow sh1t it stops the sooth bleeding through,just saying it's supposed to work

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Sorry Mark Hardman,who drinks in the tigers head

If you got sooty walls you'll need to sweep ,hence sooty and sweep ,ill get me coat .......

Last one we did, the customer put a massive Welsh dresser in front of the wall lol. Sealed it then dot'n'dab.

Last one we did, the customer put a massive Welsh dresser in front of the wall lol. Sealed it then dot'n'dab.

Holy shitballs Ryhs where you been hiding??

Ive tried cowshit didn't work that well,then tried dogshit which worked a lot better but you realy need to rub it in.

i normally clean the soot off as best as poss then seal with a few coats of pva then plaster as normal ,, i done one job whear the builder made me cover the sooty wall with polythene then sheets of eml then plaster :huh:

Brush off soot with hard brush, nail building paper to it or breathable roofing felt, ex met it, render an skim. Takes a bit of time to prep so make sure you price accordingly but guaranteed nothing will come thru, belt an braces r kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.