Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevRM

The full set of speedskim and two refina plazi trowels And some stilts

And

fercking Brilliant the all of them !!! :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_thumbsup:

Made my last couple of days soooo much easier

Lay down with speedskim in record time lol trowel up with plazi's all 3 passes using no water, knocks at least an hour of per set and get an excellent Flat finish !
Best thing i have done in a few years :RpS_biggrin:

I have not got to like the plastic trowels.. I like the speed skim ,the s*p*r*lex, got another speed skim coming and two spats a 1.2 and a 600

John my personal opinion is, I get a better finish with plazi trowel and it's easier on my old arms lol, believe it or not last week i was using a 1m cavity closer and getting a great finish with it (yes troweling up with it), but the pazi is quicker to use 3 passes no water no steel trowel

What size plastic trowel, is it the one that one stop shop sell. I am honestly wanting to get an advantage over my normal way and the speed skim and s*p*r*lex have really taken the donkey work from big areas..

What size plastic trowel, is it the one that one stop shop sell. I am honestly wanting to get an advantage over my normal way and the speed skim and s*p*r*lex have really taken the donkey work from big areas..
Got the 16" + 24" refina ones

I got a 16" plastic from refina about 12 months ago, and when i used it for the first time it was perfect, but since then its had a few nicks and been rubbed down. It crap now, dont know if i can get it like new again? ... maybe buy a new blade ...

John my personal opinion is, I get a better finish with plazi trowel and it's easier on my old arms lol, believe it or not last week i was using a 1m cavity closer and getting a great finish with it (yes troweling up with it), but the pazi is quicker to use 3 passes no water no steel trowel

Your trowel finish must have been **** lol

Your trowel finish must have been **** lol

Why "must" it have been ?
some of the finished work I've seen the last four weeks by so called plasterers, I could do better with a bread knife, if that's what standards have lowered to over last 10 years.................................

Coz your getting a better finish with a flimsy bit of plastic and you've been troweling up with a cavity closer??

and yeah I agree. Bread knife is about right for half the spreads about lol

Been using plastic trowel from p1ss but only using it for final pass to get a nice shine. I'm struggling with the idea of using them after speedskim on 2nd coat as surely you cant get it as flat as a steel, or am i missing something here? Are the refina ones stiffer than Ryans?

is this for huge site work areas!? for plastering....

what about polishing!? dosnt it leave it greasy!?

Last edited:
Right lads am about to throw a spanner in the works... Please just take 2mins to read this post, i know its quite long-

All my career i prided my self on a second to none its not all the same when its painted finish. Ive used loads of trowels, plastic floats and even made my own ect. I must of snapped 5 refina plastic trowels. So i thought id move with the times and give a speed skim ago with or with out a pole attachment along with a plastic finishing trowel from the plasterers 1 stop shop.
I was amazed! seriously, i dont like change but the ease of banging the skiming on, ruling it with the speed skim and not even geting up the ladders to flatten shocked me.
Sat around waiting for a 30m2 + cieling gauge to go in because of some wierd chemical reaction with the speed skim? 3 cigs, a coffie and a read of the paper later i decide to try out the plastic float to trowel and polish with...
Flat as **** honest, no pressure, minimum fat comin off the trowel and hardley any water! :-0
The finish is incredible, and after a polish/trowel am actualy stood looking and feeling my cielings and walls, i couldve crack 1 off there and then lol
So i order all my lads 1 each and watch as there finish and standard improve dramatically over night. Every tool has pros and cons but u need to try it for urself and find ur own technique. In my opinion as great as i love these products i belive its making plastering finishing to easy as now the apprentices are skimming trowel free walls, perfectly flat shiny and pink without a blemish or mark! Who knows what the future holds for manual plastering? :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.