something of interest for ritmo guys

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering, if the site manager says you're not allowed a sponge float, what do you do? If you are permitted does it put the skimming right?

sup guys can i jump in :) were spraying thin coat render at the mo over paint mostly the render comp that make the gear i use has a cement based adhesive that sticks to the paint which I'm putting on with the spray set can go round a house in like an hour 1/2 its primo then come back next day and start to render,some sponge finish but the house we doing atm is 1.5mm top coat no colour I'm going to try the spray set for that tomorrow but i think i need a bit of practice first to get an even finish normally we would use a plastic float finish.have a house in a few weeks which is dark red monocouche and float and set inside I've used mono twice by hand on my own and have ordered JUST enough from UK to do the job so it will be interesting plaster is coming from USA with weber OCR as a backing coat hope this helps spunky :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
i charge round $30m2 had an ad in the paper for ages but took it out as most of my work is word of mouth now i very really work for builders have 1 or 2 that call up but the rates are shite where i am most builders pay about $18-20 m2 and you have to supply,20kg bag of render is about $20 and i get 2.5m2 out of a bag.loads of greeks up here that work to cheap and cut corners forks the whole balance of things up and the work is crap too they all use travertine finish and you can still count the blocks through the render .

i was doing mono for 50 I'm charging 30 for the thin coat renders out here thats supply but I'm using acrylic coloured renders in buckets more now i like the look of mono but people are complaining because its hard to keep clean.

I'd acrylic all the time but the cost and time can run away a bit with the basecoat, primer & top coat compared to mono or painted s&c. Shame cos it is a lovelly finish on block but you mostly only see it on boards or insulation

had a chat with the guy that bought my ritmo earlier. said him and his mate are float and setting 90m a day spraying both skim and hardwall. said hes really impressed. thats just for you curry :)

I'd acrylic all the time but the cost and time can run away a bit with the basecoat, primer & top coat compared to mono or painted s&c. Shame cos it is a lovelly finish on block but you mostly only see it on boards or insulation

I'm using an acrylic top coat that dosnt need to be painted its got pieces of quartz in it so when the light hits it it shines looks wild just has a clear sealer over it instead.did a 60m2 wall today 12mx5m high with the ritmo L me + labourer finished the render with a plastic float was easy with the pump...worth the wait

yeah spunky i just hire one at the mo but have only sprayed adhesive with it i got the spray set,havnt tried acrylic yet but i saw blones video spraying the noble looks awesome.been having probs with the mixing shaft jumping out of the R/S then the hopper fills with water anyone know how to fix this??

Isnt the onboard comp enough for adhesives camnz? Who did you buy it off? That's the place for problem solving. Don't like the sound of it though, is the motor clamped down tight enough? Not a usual problem that, even with a jammed r&s the motor should give up well before anything jumps out of connection like that, especially as its only single phase power. Check the ends of the mixing shaft, r&s and the hauling bracket for signs of damage. The L is a new machine though....possible weakness somewhere in the design? Saying that probably something very simple though, good luck

hey goody i like using the spray set for adhesives it puts it on really thin and a bag goes a long way .i got the machine from les,I've emailed him and he gave me an answer but I've not had time to have a good look into it to be honest but there is a way of adjusting it and yeah its the hauling bracket.comes out a lot now tho more that it did a few weeks ago i think its all bedded in now I'm not using it for a week or so ill give it a good clean and try sort it over the weekend other than that the pump is tip top!!!

Are you using a generator camnz if not have you had ny probes with it tripping of the domestic supply

no mate not yet I've not had it on full power but tbh i don't think it will cause any probs i spoke to les today and the mixing shaft thing is an easy fix will be hiring a compressor in the weekend to experiment with acrylic and dry texture will let you now how it goes
peace

strange system that one cant realy see any advantages in it especialy taking in the time factor involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.