Makes a change from square rooms all day
20191203_112300.jpg
20191203_112300.jpg
20191203_103025.jpg

Attachments

• 20191203_112307.jpg
    20191203_112307.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 123
Yes its wank. Mithering over drying times . Rush rush rush . Wouldn't mind the fuking joint cement is tacking longer to dry than the skim . Bellends they are

skimmed a warehouse a few months back. They tried to t&j it and f**k*d it up. Quicker and better to skim imo. To do it properly its 3 coats 3 sands enit? And the paper isn’t as paintable as the American sheet rock stuff

skimmed a warehouse a few months back. They tried to t&j it and f**k*d it up. Quicker and better to skim imo. To do it properly its 3 coats 3 sands enit? And the paper isn’t as paintable as the American sheet rock stuff
Yes 3 coats is the proper way. But a lot cut corners . All our plots are sprayed

I’m on this. Board, tape and airless plaster and spray painting.

Attachments

• 8B4AE27D-EAB2-40DE-9753-95124A693664.jpeg
    8B4AE27D-EAB2-40DE-9753-95124A693664.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 199
  • DE9E907C-EC1F-45BB-8AA9-74DEAE9D5817.jpeg
    DE9E907C-EC1F-45BB-8AA9-74DEAE9D5817.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 197
  • A0F3D9B4-DBCD-4B60-AFEB-611912C61804.jpeg
    A0F3D9B4-DBCD-4B60-AFEB-611912C61804.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • 89AE86B0-ED1A-4288-9B94-40FA359926C9.jpeg
    89AE86B0-ED1A-4288-9B94-40FA359926C9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
  • B7309191-F5E3-4146-B9A9-A4537F9C820E.jpeg
    B7309191-F5E3-4146-B9A9-A4537F9C820E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 170
On price too? Making your gaffer some money,doing some awkward s**t no one else wants to do ? f**k that .

That ain't on price it's worth fuk on the measure. I don't mind it's a break from straight runs all the time imo
This is what I didn’t understand about price work . They are Happy to pay s**t rates but will pay day work for awkward stuff . Where does the extra money come from . It goes to show they actually have more money in the plot than you think . I bet if no one kicked off they would happily measure it up .

This is what I didn’t understand about price work . They are Happy to pay s**t rates but will pay day work for awkward stuff . Where does the extra money come from . It goes to show they actually have more money in the plot than you think . I bet if no one kicked off they would happily measure it up .
We dont get s**t rates and a decent day work for awkward areas. Things like that we get payed what were averaging on the measure or they get some other idiot to climb up the tower and board it . I do t work for big house builders there mainly around 20 plots tops on most jobs

Theres not as much as you think in plastering plots out..its not the contractors it's the developers who take most of the money..there the robbing T***s,look at the dividend and shares the big boys get..granted say a big plastering outfit top top guy might make big money but it's more quantity in numbers of plots there do is why there get big money not amount there make per house if that makes sense

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Theres not as much as you think in plastering plots out..its not the contractors it's the developers who take most of the money..there the robbing T***s,look at the dividend and shares the big boys get..granted say a big plastering outfit top top guy might make big money but it's more quantity in numbers of plots there do is why there get big money not amount there make per house if that makes sense
I agree with that but I’ve done plots in the past on price and they might have an awkward staircase in thats gonna eat into your price so you go through the process of ringing up the gaffer having a moan usually saying something like “ I’m not doing this bloody staircase on measure “ . Then they say don’t worry about it just book day work in for it .

Theres a very small profit in plastering new builds unless it's a big outfit with 4 or 5 sites all over the place . Theres only around 15 men where I work . I do work far a blackburn crew with well over a 100 on board that's the difference

Theres a very small profit in plastering new builds unless it's a big outfit with 4 or 5 sites all over the place . Theres only around 15 men where I work . I do work far a blackburn crew with well over a 100 on board that's the difference
That's what I mean..its the quantity of plots there get through that makes the top man the dosh..not the profit margin per plot

That's what I mean..its the quantity of plots there get through that makes the top man the dosh..not the profit margin per plot
Definitely smaller firms can pay that bit more they ain't competing with the big boys in the northwest . They ain't interested unless it's a huge project

you talking s**t