Solution needed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam123

Looking for a solution to a problem wet wall,bit of info.It's a Window wall in a kitchen that also has the sink on it.kitchen has been removed and all plaster knocked off back to brick wall was soaking wet I've got de hu midifiers drying the wall out and solved the source of the damp that's not a problem my problem is with the options I now have.would usually just use sand and cement but customer is wanting it complete asap so drying time is a problem.bearing in mind the wall has a Window a door the boiler and a sink on it what is the best option? Thanks

if the wall is flat and level you could fix cement board to it, I still would of done it with sand and cement, do not rush the drying too much, de humidifiers and light heat

Sand and cement is the best option.

If there was nothing to match up to I would say batten out and board. This would dry out the quickest, especially if you taped and jointed the boards.

But the extra depth I guess would be a problem.

Jus get the s and c mixed up, they want it done quick , ask them how far they want corners cut to get it done , I'd personally do it the better way and let them wait . . If u have problems in the future the will still blame you !

Thanks for replies my first thought was sand cement but thought I'd seek alternative solutions first to keep the customer happy,batton out and board isn't an option due to space.

Not sure if dri coat or similar would dry out quicker so they can crack on.

Haven't used any for years.

Johniosaif not used cement board before how would I fix it to the wall and then what is the best way to finish the cement board can it be skimmed or would it need a coat of bonding first? cheers

Looking for a solution to a problem wet wall,bit of info.It's a Window wall in a kitchen that also has the sink on it.kitchen has been removed and all plaster knocked off back to brick wall was soaking wet I've got de hu midifiers drying the wall out and solved the source of the damp that's not a problem my problem is with the options I now have.would usually just use sand and cement but customer is wanting it complete asap so drying time is a problem.bearing in mind the wall has a Window a door the boiler and a sink on it what is the best option? Thanks
To do it properly you have to wait for it to dry,if you don't then it could come back to bite you.let it dry out then hardwall and skim for speed or snc preferably,but waiting fr it to cure first.you didn't say if its solid or cavity though.

Johniosaif not used cement board before how would I fix it to the wall and then what is the best way to finish the cement board can it be skimmed or would it need a coat of bonding first? cheers
drill and screw it, you can pva it for skimming I believe, I still would sand and cement it, it wont hold fitting up for long..

Status
Not open for further replies.