Solid Wall Plastering Tips?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterV

Hi, I have a solid Victorian wall, is it possible to plaster over the uneven wall? Also pva or no pva? and Multi finish or uni finish? Also how can I achieve a smooth surface when I plaster? Thanks. :huh: The old plaster in is good condition just uneven.

OK Yes you can plaster over an uneven wall...

If the wall looks like it needs a backing coat then i t probably does......

PVA everything ;-) and use Multi finish as a top coat :)

Whether you can get it smooth is a who different ball game :)

How good is your sanding?

Ok cool Thanks. Sanding is good lol! Although I prefer to plaster as best as possible! Any tips on minimising cracking or holes during plastering? So you would say bonding first then multi?

in the nicest possible way it sounds like you need to get a plasterer in phone up 3 local guys who you either know from recommendations or just the old fashioned way and have a search about, if you attempt it your self you could end up in a worse state than what you are already. this advice i have given you in solely based on the information on your capability's you have provided from your last 2 posts.

i was nice danny:RpS_thumbsup:

Well ive done plastering before, only a few walls, but they weren't as uneven so I am a bit phased by this one. I would like to do this myself its cheaper.

Crack on then & post the pics on here when your done :RpS_thumbup:
All the very best of luck :RpS_thumbup:

Pva, put on a coat of bonding ,use straight edge,float it,when dry skim.. if you scrim all cracks beforehand ,this should minimise cracking..

Prep up, float up, derby or feather edge then devils float...then

Prep up, scratch on, lay it down, trowel up, cross.

If thats a little vague then employing a spread will be good

:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
If the wall is uneven then you make it even with undercoat plaster then skim... at least that is my understanding/what I do.

2 coats PVA, Straighten with Bonding (use straight edge), Then use Multifinish

If not too confident get a price first from plasterer, cos could end up costing more to put right.

Ok thanks guys! I decided to use a backing coat on the brick, (Hardwall) then I did multi-finish on-top but I have a problem with a another wall where I keep getting cracks in my new plaster? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.