Socket beads

Members online

Pointless, who ever looks behind a faceplate? And as for keeping boxes clean just stick a couple of bits of tape inside them over the cable, that's what we do when floating.

Maybe not for site guys on fresh boards old caved in refurb with sockets sunk to far back might be useful, just thinking out loud
That mind in the past if boxes are far back if I being putting them in I mix sum board adhesive up then u can get them nice n flush with existing

Pointless, who ever looks behind a faceplate? And as for keeping boxes clean just stick a couple of bits of tape inside them over the cable, that's what we do when floating.

nobody really but if you are going to tape up the cables slapping a cardboard box in is way easier :D

Maybe wasn't a good idea to post a picture of sockets most plasterers get upset seeing them tbh

Always just stuffed bit of the plaster bag in it job done.
And anything sticking out of it obviously needs cutting off ,
I don't stack my plaster behind the door and get out of the window so why should anyone else be a thoughtless cant!!!!!!

Always just stuffed bit of the plaster bag in it job done.
And anything sticking out of it obviously needs cutting off ,
I don't stack my plaster behind the door and get out of the window so why should anyone else be a thoughtless cant!!!!!!
no mate !! you forget to make sure you cut the marked ones, you know the ones the sparks put their "x" symbols on with their cutters, then once cut, mark the others with your snips !!!
i told them to tuck the cables in !!

There are good sparks out there , I had to let this one drink from the sacred tpf mug after I called him out to my kitchen refit for no reason it turned out :(

Attachments

• 1491342670150.jpg
    1491342670150.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 285
My mate just texted these to me ,I never used them or seen them before tbh , has anyone used them before?

Thanks

View attachment 17173 View attachment 17174 View attachment 17175
Know this is probably a stupid question but where do get them from. Did the online search thing and didn't show, not sure if your allowed to put up link or pm if possible. Any help thanks in advance.
Before anyone says they are waste of. Or don't bother, I have a fussy builder who will do his load over these and think there the best thing ever invented.. he will pick up the cost .. happy days. Cheers fellow plastering technicians .

Know this is probably a stupid question but where do get them from. Did the online search thing and didn't show, not sure if your allowed to put up link or pm if possible. Any help thanks in advance.
Before anyone says they are waste of. Or don't bother, I have a fussy builder who will do his load over these and think there the best thing ever invented.. he will pick up the cost .. happy days. Cheers fellow plastering technicians .
Tbh mate I don't know I'll text my mate tomorrow and find out and post it up , ignore the experienced plasterers on this thread mate, it's quality of finish that counts I'm getting some too

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh mate I don't know I'll text my mate tomorrow and find out and post it up , ignore the experienced plasterers on this thread mate, it's quality of finish that counts I'm getting some too

hahaha i like the edit !!!

http://www.dry-lining.co.uk/box-bead-110-c.asp

There you go mate

Ace idea, you can fit these while waiting for pva to go tacky, save a fortune on uni finish:LOL:

Ace idea, you can fit these while waiting for pva to go tacky, save a fortune on uni finish:LOL:
Thanks mate everything I post is a good idea that's why I'm here tbf I don't know about the pva thing,try it yourself and while your there just stick your fingers on the live in cable end too please
Thanks

It said ignore all the haters on this thread, lol I'm not bothered if he edits my posts mate , he's so far behind the times it's unreal, hopefully this doesn't get messed with too.
It was a joke and it made your post more interesting :) so far behind the times lol I am more up to date with what's happening than you will ever be and I will understand it hahahaha how you getting on using clout nails?

Thanks mate everything I post is a good idea that's why I'm here tbf I don't know about the pva thing,try it yourself and while your there just stick your fingers on the live in cable end too please
Thanks
Lol name three good ideas you have ever had?

They are a complete waste of time and money I just don't get it, the socket would look exactly the same without one.