So how are you keeping fit?

Brimstone

It's too easy to sit and eat, and be lardy & weak as a kitten by the time we're allowed to work again. Gets harder to get it back as you age too. So what are folks doing to keep fit and a keep a bit of muscle on.?
I'm building a shed and using a short scaffold pole for shoulder and overhead press exercises.

as i live in the countryside. walk the dog twice a day, then he will be a sleep this evening. a couple of hours gardening, tide up the parrots, tidy up the pond, sort out the tortoise. and day just passes by.
had a good week trading on ebay made a decent amount profit, if i could do this all the time i would not bother about getting covered in shat plastering!

thrust.gif

Doing 6/7hrs graft a day can not get mini digger for footings , so dug them by hand in 2 days . that &
4 dog walks a day
I am knackered look forward to staying home after that

Your welcome

i would not have dug footings if i could not get a delivery of concrete tomorrow. have you had them passed by the building inspector ?

while i have been walking the dog this week in the woods, there was a screaming like i have never heard before. also a woman screaming . her dog a black lab had caught a baby roe deer. the dog was shaking it and running around with the deer in its mouth. this went on for several minutes. the mother deer was running about in the woods at a hell of a pace stressed out.
i was about 100 yes away. when i saw a second baby deer running up the path towards me it then turned and went into the adjoining field. the outcome was not good.

then today my dog had gone into a dell in the woods and was not returning to my call. when i walked over to find him there he was, stood eye to eye with a muntjac neither of them moving.
as we were about to leave there was 2 bangs like a shotgun being fired. all the birds took flight. then a huge silver birch fell down knocking a couple of trees down as it fell. i have never seen a tree just fall down before.

while i have been walking the dog this week in the woods, there was a screaming like i have never heard before. also a woman screaming . her dog a black lab had caught a baby roe deer. the dog was shaking it and running around with the deer in its mouth. this went on for several minutes. the mother deer was running about in the woods at a hell of a pace stressed out.
i was about 100 yes away. when i saw a second baby deer running up the path towards me it then turned and went into the adjoining field. the outcome was not good.

then today my dog had gone into a dell in the woods and was not returning to my call. when i walked over to find him there he was, stood eye to eye with a muntjac neither of them moving.
as we were about to leave there was 2 bangs like a shotgun being fired. all the birds took flight. then a huge silver birch fell down knocking a couple of trees down as it fell. i have never seen a tree just fall down before.
Silver birch go over more often than not because a woodpecker has made its nest in it. Weakens them so much that they just snap after the nest is finished with.

Silver birch go over more often than not because a woodpecker has made its nest in it. Weakens them so much that they just snap after the nest is finished with.

i shall have a look at the tree trunk tomorrow.
there was a greater spotted woodpecker banging on a rotten oak tree today. there are several green woodpeckers feeding in the field beside the wood as well.

i shall have a look at the tree trunk tomorrow.
there was a greater spotted woodpecker banging on a rotten oak tree today. there are several green woodpeckers feeding in the field beside the wood as well.
I used to collect them up and give them to a few primary schools for the teachers to show the kids.

my brother and myself used to collect eggs when it was acceptable. our pride and joy was a nightjar.
my brother still has a few which he purchase at auctions when they come up.
now when i see a bird i think how could i deny him a life that i have enjoyed.
Times were different then Malc. I've got quite a few stuffed birds including a Nightjar.

Times were different then Malc. I've got quite a few stuffed birds including a Nightjar.

Rob had a few stuffed birds i remember picking up a Goshawk for him from Preston. he sold them off a few years ago. now his daughter purchases the odd one.
i purchased a stuffed Pangolin a few years ago from Colchester cattle market, my wife moaned so much i got rid of it.
my Galah cockatoo died a few weeks ago, a bird that loved to be with me, i thought about having him stuffed but in the end i went for cremation.

Rob had a few stuffed birds i remember picking up a Goshawk for him from Preston. he sold them off a few years ago. now his daughter purchases the odd one.
i purchased a stuffed Pangolin a few years ago from Colchester cattle market, my wife moaned so much i got rid of it.
my Galah cockatoo died a few weeks ago, a bird that loved to be with me, i thought about having him stuffed but in the end i went for cremation.
Most people find stuffed birds and animals a weird thing to have in your home. Personally I think of them more like a 3d picture. I love nature, would rather watch a live creature but can admire their beauty once preserved.
I've got a beauty of a cased pike.

i would not have dug footings if i could not get a delivery of concrete tomorrow. have you had them passed by the building inspector ?
@malc exempt detached garage
Concrete next week
Footings for extensions will
Do that when I can get inspection from council

Your welcome