So has it affected your ability to win work ?

You crack me up with half the s**t you moan about ... so to save on dust going around there house you baloon head what else would you mix outside three bags a gear on a domestic doesnt often happen so i thibk someones talkibg through there arse

Your F*****g Muppet pal...

I'm there to do a wet trade in the said area of the house dust is part of the process expected.

Mixing up in a room with door closed and with a window open is hardly going to kill the rest of the house.

And for the record unless it's an area in total less than 3bags I always mix up 2-3 bags in a tub at once every single day and have done for 20 years!

I feel like I’m getting jobs anyway on recommendation so why would I start filling guarantee forms in and confusing folk for no reason.
I wanted to do a day with new materials and they made such a cock up of the whole process it was cancelled the day before I was supposed to be going. I won’t waste my time any more.
It swings and roundabouts with them i had issues with getting there newer products delivered to a merchant which was annoying i see where you coming from. I think the forms abit of a pain but suppose its the only way to do it.
Ye are trade is always reccomendations 9 times out of ten or follow on work.. i just thought it was a nice touch with the guarantee to win work. I havent really been involved since the durafinish trial and im not on the facebook group so just read the pdd email now and then.

I think someone else has had a stellar too..

Theres a couple of simple points. the
Scheme is designed for plasterers to try new products basically trialing them and giving there reviews.
What they are trting to do is kick out the majority of bad plasterers out there they are trying to give an image of the best plasterers. For example mixing outside on a tarp ... using the right materials on different backgrounds having really good knowledge of the industry.
Treating a customers home like your own being proffesional.
The scheme wasnt made to be a my builder type scheme.. but to give customers a much better chance of getting a good plasterer in to do the job whilst offering a two year guarantee , now my personal opionion is how can offering this to a customer go againt you??
Theres always going to be old school who wont agree thats why the trade has gone nowhere compared to others if we dont accept the changes for the better.

Again, because someone isn’t on the scheme do you think the above is not offered anyway ? Do I rock up and mix on their newly laid drive ? Do I walk my dirty feet on their carpet ? Do I do a sh it job and say tough tits when done ?

This scheme offers nothing new and btw was being sold on here as a way of generating leads, funnily enough better quality leads we was told

Your F*****g Muppet pal...

I'm there to do a wet trade in the said area of the house dust is part of the process expected.

Mixing up in a room with door closed and with a window open is hardly going to kill the rest of the house.

And for the record unless it's an area in total less than 3bags I always mix up 2-3 bags in a tub at once every single day and have done for 20 years!
Well done to you should be proud of yourself . If your downstairs i dont see no reason in mixing outside dust settles im sure you no that. I didnt say anything about mixing outside when upstairs as its not possible to lift up the stairs. Its not always necessary to mix three 3bags is it in bedrooms is what im getting at.

Well done to you should be proud of yourself . If your downstairs i dont see no reason in mixing outside dust settles im sure you no that. I didnt say anything about mixing outside when upstairs as its not possible to lift up the stairs. Its not always necessary to mix three 3bags is it in bedrooms is what im getting at.

Here in lies the problem those promoting it make out that them on it makes them holier than thou

So what do you do if you have to scrape ceilings in a room or knock off old plaster off walls before floating or boarding etc???

Suppose you superstars catch it with a Hoover before it lands or even put the customer up in a hotel for evening!

Again, because someone isn’t on the scheme do you think the above is not offered anyway ? Do I rock up and mix on their newly laid drive ? Do I walk my dirty feet on their carpet ? Do I do a sh it job and say tough tits when done ?

This scheme offers nothing new and btw was being sold on here as a way of generating leads, funnily enough better quality leads we was told
This is were the argument gets silly i assure the customer full protection of everything a good job, property to be fully cleaned. as far as i was aware the majority on the scheme did the same. Im not saying plasterers not on it dont do that also as i wasnt always on it and kept high standards.
My views were simple to see if this scheme could help me in any way possible there has been more good than bad come out of it for me so il leave it there.
I think you started this thread ready for the wind up of certain members and before it starts going on to 300 pages of shite im out.

its been a while since we have discussed "the scheme"

Has anyone been asked by a client if they are on it ?

Has anyone not got work because they are not on it ?

Is it even still live lol. I’ll be honest I still don’t know anyone on it (outside of here) nor has any client asked if I’m on it.

Now I fully expect the usual company men to say how great it is and blah blah blah
But I ask those not on it.
I am 59 been self employed since 87, found my own work since 96 and have never heard of this scheme, I don’t do any bidding s**t and I am not a member of check a fag or any other crap entity and we are flat out. I have no problem with what I do and customers are grateful to have someone to turn there whatever into what they envisaged with no crap from me about needing this or can’t do that because, I just assumed all plasterers were the same. The trade I am in is not s**t and to be honest I like it

So what do you do if you have to scrape ceilings in a room or knock off old plaster off walls before floating or boarding etc???

Suppose you superstars catch it with a Hoover before it lands or even put the customer up in a hotel for evening!
I rather reboard than scrape mate not a superstar move but to save myself from asbestos .. as far as mess when i make it i clean it straight after no harm in going overboard on plastic sheets masking tape and dust sheets i make it pay for meself im happy.

This is were the argument gets silly i assure the customer full protection of everything a good job, property to be fully cleaned. as far as i was aware the majority on the scheme did the same. Im not saying plasterers not on it dont do that also as i wasnt always on it and kept high standards.
My views were simple to see if this scheme could help me in any way possible there has been more good than bad come out of it for me so il leave it there.
I think you started this thread ready for the wind up of certain members and before it starts going on to 300 pages of shite im out.

Where are the job leads that was promised ? Quality ones at that lol
I started this thread to see if anyone had come across a client having heard of it

I rather reboard than scrape mate not a superstar move but to save myself from asbestos .. as far as mess when i make it i clean it straight after no harm in going overboard on plastic sheets masking tape and dust sheets i make it pay for meself im happy.

And people not on the scheme don’t clean up and sheet up mask up etc ?

2 years later ,what do you say ,no cliches please
In all honesty i though it has been good for me ... it was heading in good places but as said before when paul the guy who started it left i think it took a turn for the worse i havent bothered much lately so i dont know how its going on facebook .. that was getting bitchy and couldnt really be bothered theres some good lads on the scheme its always good to have other plasterers viewsand a bit of banter..

I got an an 800 pound job out of it full bag of dura finish paid to trial it and for my time i cant really say much bad except access for materials. I dont always use the 2 year guarantee as i dont really need to to be fair its a little gimmicky for customers.

In all honesty i though it has been good for me ... it was heading in good places but as said before when paul the guy who started it left i think it took a turn for the worse i havent bothered much lately so i dont know how its going on facebook .. that was getting bitchy and couldnt really be bothered theres some good lads on the scheme its always good to have other plasterers viewsand a bit of banter..

I got an an 800 pound job out of it full bag of dura finish paid to trial it and for my time i cant really say much bad except access for materials. I dont always use the 2 year guarantee as i dont really need to to be fair its a little gimmicky for customers.
Full bag ,wow ,you use it all yet .

Is that what it is! I always thought it was a thumbs up:crying:
Time to get eyes sorted again
There is a thumbs up one that looks very similar lol. You do have to look closely because it’s easy to give someone the finger instead :D. (y) Or :fuckyou: depending on how you feel I suppose? :bailando:

Where are the job leads that was promised ? Quality ones at that lol
I started this thread to see if anyone had come across a client having heard of it
Well obviously the ones have typed it in there google search.. take me back to were it said quality lead generated work.??

No harm in cofidence you should try it.. your very opinionated but cant take it when youre wrong and are proved wrong.

Not one person has been knocked back on a job because someone else is on a scheme so please tell me how this proves me wrong, it actually proves me right.

Never heard of this bit sounds like to get on it be like taking me driving test again . Way to many bad habits to pass lol