So has it affected your ability to win work ?

Members online

gps

its been a while since we have discussed "the scheme"

Has anyone been asked by a client if they are on it ?

Has anyone not got work because they are not on it ?

Is it even still live lol. I’ll be honest I still don’t know anyone on it (outside of here) nor has any client asked if I’m on it.

Now I fully expect the usual company men to say how great it is and blah blah blah
But I ask those not on it.

I'm guessing that they're struggling to fill it as I made an enquiry over the phone, didn't really get decent answers to my questions, but have received emails and post asking why they haven't heard back from me.

I'm guessing that they're struggling to fill it as I made an enquiry over the phone, didn't really get decent answers to my questions, but have received emails and post asking why they haven't heard back from me.
Ditto.
I thought I'd join just for a van sticker to look professional.
Never bothered tho.

I don’t think it was ever designed to take work away from plasterers tbf Gordon I now believe the scheme is designed to empower a proper plasterer , I mean fair play the actual criteria to actually pass an assessment and continue on it could be slightly higher , that has been discussed even within the scheme and trade itself but tbf its good that bg have made a start with a bench mark for entry because let’s face it even my milkman can start an account on any other bidding sites out there , of which bg scheme is not .

The people on it are accessed by plasterers with over 30 years of experience and qualified college tutors so compared to say your bidding for a job site where you give money to someone for every job you do , where you only get accessed by a member of public to get on.

To best of my knowledge there is around 1000 on scheme with more been refused entry than allowed

:fuckyou:

I don’t think it was ever designed to take work away from plasterers tbf Gordon I now believe the scheme is designed to empower a proper plasterer , I mean fair play the actual criteria to actually pass an assessment and continue on it could be slightly higher , that has been discussed even within the scheme and trade itself but tbf its good that bg have made a start with a bench mark for entry because let’s face it even my milkman can start an account on any other bidding sites out there , of which bg scheme is not .

The people on it are accessed by plasterers with over 30 years of experience and qualified college tutors so compared to say your bidding for a job site where you give money to someone for every job you do , where you only get accessed by a member of public to get on.

To best of my knowledge there is around 1000 on scheme with more been refused entry than allowed

Wasn’t the question was it

Bullshit!

It’s not mate , tbf its a waste of time even typing good and bad points of the scheme on here , ive seen a lot of members off here on it and they may or may not agree but fact is the trades in the gutter because of bidding sites you lot just seem to view bg scheme as the same which it is not

Easy tiger! What’s with the f**k you emoji?? U had a hard day? Lol.

It’s not mate , tbf its a waste of time even typing good and bad points of the scheme on here , ive seen a lot of members off here on it and they may or may not agree but fact is the trades in the gutter because of bidding sites you lot just seem to view bg scheme as the same which it is not

How is the trade in the gutter ? There is no such thing as a bidding site either.
My point vincey is joe public after what 2 years have still never heard of this scheme and are never likely too either.

id understand bidding on huge projects......say 200 miller homes between local rival firms which is natural when hundreds of thousands are involved.
but .....id gladley take some moron on site and asses him what its like in the real world.
with his 30 years experience im sure hed cack his fuucking pants in half a day.

If there refused in your words as many plasterers as there accepted onto the scheme 1000 then I'm a F*****g brexit remainer!

Your either F*****g gullible, stupid or a complete British Gypsum arse sucker @Vincey.

Problem with you pal is you think getting your F*****g face on a few bags of plaster made you an overnight plastering hero!

Your the only plasterer on the planet that didn't think unifinish was not fit for purpose, don't suppose it was anything to do with your picture and your ego on the bags by any chance!

If there refused in your words as many plasterers as there accepted onto the scheme 1000 then I'm a F*****g brexit remainer!

Your either F*****g gullible, stupid or a complete British Gypsum arse sucker @Vincey.

Problem with you pal is you think getting your F*****g face on a few bags of plaster made you an overnight plastering hero!

Your the only plasterer on the planet that didn't think unifinish was not fit for purpose, don't suppose it was anything to do with your picture and your ego on the bags by any chance!
That’s not true mate , it doesn’t bother me what gear you use , I just try to get my own jobs and that’s it

If anyone asked me for any help or if I can give any advice on anything I would

Besides that I’m same as you
Don’t give a poop

I think someone else has had a stellar too..

Theres a couple of simple points. the
Scheme is designed for plasterers to try new products basically trialing them and giving there reviews.
What they are trting to do is kick out the majority of bad plasterers out there they are trying to give an image of the best plasterers. For example mixing outside on a tarp ... using the right materials on different backgrounds having really good knowledge of the industry.
Treating a customers home like your own being proffesional.
The scheme wasnt made to be a my builder type scheme.. but to give customers a much better chance of getting a good plasterer in to do the job whilst offering a two year guarantee , now my personal opionion is how can offering this to a customer go againt you??
Theres always going to be old school who wont agree thats why the trade has gone nowhere compared to others if we dont accept the changes for the better.

Scheme is designed for plasterers to try new products basically trialing them and giving there reviews.
What they are trting to do is kick out the majority of bad plasterers out there they are trying to give an image of the best plasterers. For example mixing outside on a tarp ... using the right materials on different backgrounds having really good knowledge of the industry.
The scheme wasnt made to be a my builder type scheme.. but to give customers a much better chance of getting a good plasterer in to do the job whilst offering a two year guarantee , now my personal opionion is how can offering this to a customer go againt you??
Theres always going to be old school who wont agree thats why the trade has gone nowhere compared to others if we dont accept the changes for the better.
Have you had much work from it Ben?

What the f**k does mixing outside on a tarp have to do with anything!

Only plasterers that mix outside are stupid c**ts that then have to then drag a bucket full of wet plaster through a furnished house!.

I put a tarp down in the room I work in and mix up there.

Would love to try and carry a 3 bag mix up through someones house.

What utter bollox I read on here is unreal at times!

I joined the BG scheme , more for the free trials and the info on new materials, I did well out of it ,pallet of tough coat ,half pallet of Unifinish,5 bags of bonding 60, easyflex rolls x2, I sorted of fell out with diversity who run the scheme as they just wanted ‘nodding dogs ‘ some lies were told on the group on FB , like a lot of these schemes there are favourites who get everything ,there are zealots who go to bed withBG pyjamas and bedsheets ,
I said I didn’t like “nodding dogs “ie those who just agree with everything, I got two calls from two sanctimonious diversity employees who said I couldn’t use that phrase as some were offended , I said in the real world it’s much tougher than that and those who were so easily offended shouldn’t be in our world of work, I left their BG group but not the scheme , I got some jobs from it, well 1 job, three jobs to view which were a waste of time,
Basically it’s for soft domestic spreads ,
It’s very rare for anyone to get refused permission onto the scheme ,one or two have , diversity want as many on it as possible, the standard is very very low to gain entry ,basically if you can skim 4square metres in 4 hrs and are clean and tidy then you qualify

Have you had much work from it Ben?
Hello mark ive had one job at the start they made it quite clear that it wernt a lead generated scheme .. but to be more involved with product testing.
The man behind the whole scheme has left which is a big shame because he really did have the drive to push it to the next level .. i feel they have slowed right down now. Had the odd email about testing products but was too buisy to apply.
Its like marmaid isnt it your either for it or against and with so many moaning about multi lately probably more against.

Not being on the scheme means we don’t offer all the above ?

Hello mark ive had one job at the start they made it quite clear that it wernt a lead generated scheme .. but to be more involved with product testing.
The man behind the whole scheme has left which is a big shame because he really did have the drive to push it to the next level .. i feel they have slowed right down now. Had the odd email about testing products but was too buisy to apply.
Its like marmaid isnt it your either for it or against and with so many moaning about multi lately probably more against.
It’s failing because the majority on it aren’t plasterers but super cooper keen to learn

I feel like I’m getting jobs anyway on recommendation so why would I start filling guarantee forms in and confusing folk for no reason.
I wanted to do a day with new materials and they made such a cock up of the whole process it was cancelled the day before I was supposed to be going. I won’t waste my time any more.

What the f**k does mixing outside on a tarp have to do with anything!

Only plasterers that mix outside are stupid c**ts that then have to then drag a bucket full of wet plaster through a furnished house!.

I put a tarp down in the room I work in and mix up there.

Would love to try and carry a 3 bag mix up through someones house.

What utter bollox I read on here is unreal at times!
You crack me up with half the s**t you moan about ... so to save on dust going around there house you baloon head what else would you mix outside three bags a gear on a domestic doesnt often happen so i thibk someones talkibg through there arse

ive had 4 juicy stellas if this helps.

That’s mission accomplished now then Gordon :birra:

Shall we move on to the British Gas scheme now I’m sure you like that one