So anyone had any new deliveries of plaster yet?????

we have damien
but firms but cut right down
only 3 of us skimming now....

gone from turning out 40 plots a month
to 3 of us skimming now.
Yes were the same . I've had 2 days dabbing a plot this week and no fuking skim arrived from galaxy do I've been at home . Its getting on my tits now all this b*ll***s

Yes were the same . I've had 2 days dabbing a plot this week and no fuking skim arrived from galaxy do I've been at home . Its getting on my tits now all this b*ll***s

I know mate.

its every man in every trade at the minute.
sparks plumber joiners painters on a few days a week.....nothing for roofers.

what was built before lockdown is getting finished..

brickies and ground workers seem to be busy.

its calm before the storm mate.
it will go full steam ahead again (y) (y)

I know mate.

its every man in every trade at the minute.
sparks plumber joiners painters on a few days a week.....nothing for roofers.

what was built before lockdown is getting finished..

brickies and ground workers seem to be busy.

its calm before the storm mate.
it will go full steam ahead again (y) (y)
Yes I know

What's that mean????
Screenshot_20200604-223848_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just put in a timber order at EH Smith so I asked about Multi while I was on. He said that everything they had and can get between now and late July is booked to people on back order. He also said that if they could somehow miraculously double the quantity available that would be gone too. In terms of when I would get skim from them if I asked for some now he said it would be late July early August at a guess.

He also said and I quote "BG won't give us a straight answer as to how much we can have or when, and they aren't even guessing when production and supply will be back to normal."

Obviously all that will vary depending on who you know, how lucky you get with timing etc. Sadly I think demand will drop off too over the next couple of months as spreads (and other trades) think fcuk this and get other work.

Its Ebay's fault not bg..this is all driven by monkey see,monkey do..if there wasnt ebay this wouldn't be happening..these people selling finish at minute will class it as there full time job..numptys buying it aswell feeding the problem

just drove into jewsons
straight into the warehouse
they come running at me like I was a suicide bomber....

told them to f**k off
drove home
then realised
no one ever died wishing they'd worked more (y) (y)

G
I just put in a timber order at EH Smith so I asked about Multi while I was on. He said that everything they had and can get between now and late July is booked to people on back order. He also said that if they could somehow miraculously double the quantity available that would be gone too. In terms of when I would get skim from them if I asked for some now he said it would be late July early August at a guess.

He also said and I quote "BG won't give us a straight answer as to how much we can have or when, and they aren't even guessing when production and supply will be back to normal."

Obviously all that will vary depending on who you know, how lucky you get with timing etc. Sadly I think demand will drop off too over the next couple of months as spreads (and other trades) think fcuk this and get other work.
get sum carlite in mate great gear to use

G

get sum carlite in mate great gear to use

I don't need any plaster at the moment, I was just being nosey seeing what the story was with the merchants I use for most stuff. We're a long way off plaster on the job we're currently on so hopefully things will be back to something like normal before I need any.

If not, well sh1t happens and there's not a lot I can do about it so I'm not going to get in a flap. I suppose I could always suggest S&C render to the internal walls. Might start a new trend :D

Chatham Wickes had fourteen palettes of Multi last night this morning the queue was sneaking around the car park. Five bags per person and pretty much everyone looked like they had never held a trowel in their life. Family and friends it seems queueing to get as much as they can wether it’s for a spread in their family or to sell on eBay I don’t know.

Chatham Wickes had fourteen palettes of Multi last night this morning the queue was sneaking around the car park. Five bags per person and pretty much everyone looked like they had never held a trowel in their life. Family and friends it seems queueing to get as much as they can wether it’s for a spread in their family or to sell on eBay I don’t know.
Fkn arseholes

Should be 5 per trade card........

• Agree
Reactions: gps
Plasterers should have there own 2 hour slot in the mornings before the general public and other trades are allowed in.Also have your trade on a trade card at wickes.
Bit like nhs get there own shopping slots..I like it..u have 0 chance of getting any skim at diy centres 4 nxt couple of months,as joe public are getting it,at builders yard there giving it to who have been loyal customers etc over the years not the joe public