smooth over hi build

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Budge

I have just rendered front of a house and applied leyland texture hi-build. The customer doesn't like the textured finish, what is best way to rectify and end up with a smoother finish? Is only option to knock off and start again or any suggestions on covering that may work?

Why did they want it rendered then high build, but they want a smooth finish?? Couldn't you have just left it rendered SMOOTH!!!!

Tricky one this with high build being a plastic. Could try a slurry coat of sbr with or without aggregate left to a bark fiinish. Still may stick to the highbuild and create a stand off for the eml. Eml over the high build using hilti nails and washers. A Hilti GX120 will be useful to have. Then two coat render. Simply on here did his house recently over highbuild maybe he has a better idea. My idea above is expensive compared to hacking it off and starting again. A box of 750 Hilti nails is £75 + the washers about £30 and gun hire.

I have just rendered front of a house and applied leyland texture hi-build. The customer doesn't like the textured finish, what is best way to rectify and end up with a smoother finish? Is only option to knock off and start again or any suggestions on covering that may work?
Hi Buddy what i would do is scrape of the high spots, then pva the walls & reapply sum hi build with a hawk n trowel whilst pva is tacky, then go over it with a plastic float to achive a smooth flat finish! :RpS_thumbup:

its seriously hard to shift without the right power tools. We have successfully polymered over it with maite mesh before with no prob - maite is the stickiest base out there

Thanks for all comments and suggestions. Managed to sort it with D A sanders, a couple of boxes of P40 discs two days graft and 25 litres of Dulux masonry paint. Just an F***ing good job the scaffolding hadn't come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.