smooth flat surface from mono

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
was someone on ere talking of such a product but without the usual scraped finish?
I wandt a through colour so I can cut features but its gotta be smooth and flat as poss

any input fellers

plasterjfe said:
was someone on ere talking of such a product but without the usual scraped finish?
I wandt a through colour so I can cut features but its gotta be smooth and flat as poss

any input fellers

parex say there mono will float up with no difference in colour :-\never tried though

pwi said:
plasterjfe said:

any input fellers

parex say there mono will float up with no difference in colour :-\never tried though

you can sponge it off for a gritty coloured rustic effect but lets say i floated up when i cut the fetures in they will be coarse thats the only thing

done a job with white mono webbers gear the council didnt want the mess of scratching off because of all public walkways it was durham city centre so we rubbed it up with sponge floats then finshed with the plastic float it came up a treat . i think we did use an i section just lightly over top as there was loads of downlighters on a night time just to make sure there was no hills and hollers .i would have no hesitation of doing it again. go for it

thinking down the line of a colured mortar then or a coloured lime render maybe?
mono aint gonna do it it would seem. it needs to bee smooth as like sand and cement inside and out of the stone block cutting in (like ashlar)

could you not get one of the ready mixed suppliers to add some die someone like tilcon that way it would come ready mixed and would be a threw colour the times ive used it its bin like butter only down side would be it would have to be hand applied thats the only thing i can think of .unless les or sprayit etc can think of something

kevmc said:
done a job with white mono webbers gear the council didnt want the mess of scratching off because of all public walkways it was durham city centre so we rubbed it up with sponge floats then finshed with the plastic float it came up a treat . i think we did use an i section just lightly over top as there was loads of downlighters on a night time just to make sure there was no hills and hollers .i would have no hesitation of doing it again. go for it
was that the weber pral m gear kev

Status
Not open for further replies.