Smooth Acrylic Stainless Float?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Hi guys I have customer that wants a smooth finish to his DPR. Smoother then the samples he has been sent. He has mentioned that Parex have told him a stainless float may help. Any one have any experience in this?

Thanks for any help

Thanks Gibbo. Ill try it tomorrow on a test board.

I think he want me to polish the surface once the acrylic has tightened in. I think it looks shite but each to their own.

I use a stainless float for my second flattening pass after I have rubbed up with the plazi. The plazi picks ip the grit more and yhe stainless has less pick up so is better for the flattener.
You wont get dpr smoother than the sample anyway. It is by design suppose to be as gritty as the grit they put in it.
Just use acrylic paint

And tear it to **** what's the point unless you get the timing cock on its a pointless finish over another **** small grain pointless finish

where did you get the float from jfe?

like Gibbo says SS trowel
i use a well worn 13 inch stainless for the second pass there is less drag so it flattens better without pickup, lighter weight hard plastic will do it to, heavy plastic with a chewy blade will pick up more, i use these for my first pass to really get the aggregate moving......

also as you go with both plastic and SS or whatever keep the blade clean spotless i wipe the fats of mine every few motions - the more fat the more pick up you get - keep that blade clean.

why are we giving all our tips away on the internet ?

also as you go with both plastic and SS or whatever keep the blade clean spotless i wipe the fats of mine every few motions - the more fat the more pick up you get - keep that blade clean.

why are we giving all our tips away on the internet ?

Yes, I sometimes wonder if I give too much away John.

I suppose it is the enthusiasm for the job we have and want to share. Ok for Joe Bloggs 200 mile away but you don't want your local competitor knowing your method or sources.

Good tip there though, I will try it on my next job. The beauty of a crystal clean float.

Yes, I sometimes wonder if I give too much away John.

I suppose it is the enthusiasm for the job we have and want to share. Ok for Joe Bloggs 200 mile away but you don't want your local competitor knowing your method or sources.

Good tip there though, I will try it on my next job. The beauty of a crystal clean float.

welll a few tips is good I suppose we all ask questions no matter how good we are.

when i look round on the sites tho it dont seem to make any difference how many tips are out there people still do things that shock me ahhahah

welll a few tips is good I suppose we all ask questions no matter how good we are.

when i look round on the sites tho it dont seem to make any difference how many tips are out there people still do things that shock me ahhahah

Thats why you give tips out to people that are trying. I does you head in to see so many jobs done poorly by people that dont have a clue while good trades men with a little bit of guidance could do a excellent job but instead they are sitting at home.

Mostly down to the guys in suits. The site ive been working on had a thin coat system and its shocking. The guy are Lithuanian and on £100 a day.

he makes his money up on travel expenses though............................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.