Smoking.

Members online

mike84

Im now on my fourth day of not smoking. Feel ok just want to buy things like a new tv etc. I've just got to keep my mind occupied. Anyone on here experienced quitting?

Well done, by the way. I've never smoked but the missus does. I hate it. She gave up on the vapors for six months but the started again.

Im now on my fourth day of not smoking. Feel ok just want to buy things like a new tv etc. I've just got to keep my mind occupied. Anyone on here experienced quitting?

Ex smoker myself, try hypnosis. It's not what you think, hypnotist I see is an ex brickie. I find it very therapeutic seeing him, lad I know goes once a month, not for anything in particular just keeps him balanced

tried stopping a few times ....old fella alus said "once a smoker always a smoker"....its hard we know but it'll be worth it...you and your body are the only ones who will know when to stop, no one else can make that choice...... keep going you've stopped 4 days ago .......

I think you need to not think in terms of how many days etc. But just go into like a zen attitude. If you keep saying one day ten days, etc you're still thinking about it.

I had a few attempts at quitting, patches helped me do well once but I went back. On them, but when the missus had our wee man 18months ago, I chucked the box out the window on the motorway on way back from visiting them second day. Haven't smoked sober since. Would have a sneaky one or two at the pub but even now they are cut out. Sometimes under pressure the notion for one hits a little, usually not helped by other members of squad smoking, but the feeling passes. Good luck

Quit about 13 years ago. Cold turkey.
Just take it one minute at a time. Cravings only last about ten minutes so just think about getting through those little ten minute patches.
Before you know it one week turns into one year...and you realise you never even think about it anymore.

My brother smoked a lot and tried quitting every time he had a kid. 3 times he failed! He got on the vaping and has never smoked since. Doesn't vape any more either. Vaping does seem to work well.

I stopped smoking 20 years ago but had to have a few sessions of hypnosis to help . took up exercise and got into fitness in a big way so just replaced one habit wit another but at least the fitness one is good for me. Keep going Mike 84 you are far from being out of the trees yet and you will have many testing time but don't give in to the temptation . Health is wealth and without it you have nothing . Find a distraction and something else to focus on and before you know it 4 days will become 4 months then 4 years etc. Good luck . It s true you never get rid of an addiction but once you stop doing something its up to if you will start again and remember that it will get easy'r as time goes on.

I quit then started then quit again started the vapes haven't touched a cig for 3 years now but Iv made a habit of vaping now.

I quit 11 years ago and 3 years a while before that and I found niquitin 2mg mint gum helped me . Trouble is I still use the gum now but much better than all the poisons in fags. Much easier quitting smoking than eating healthily all!the time but like anything if you slip up just get strait back on it till it's not on your mind much anymore.

my wife has gone cold turkey since being up the duff... no interest in smoking now...

I however am smoking about 3 cubans a week at the moment :-\

I'm doing 15/20 a day atm and I hate it. I keep chucking the empty pakets in my van to remind me how much I'm blowing on the shite

I think smoking is clatty as fk. If folk want to poison themselves then fair enough but the amount of smoke you get in your face going into a pub when everyone's smoking outside or going to quote a job in a smokers house is horrible. I used to smoke when I was drinking years ago but when I met the mrs she hated smoking so I never bothered with it and honestly don't even think about it. Had my mates round for poker a few weeks ago when wife was away and although I made them smoke out the back door the smell next day from the smoke blowing back in was disgusting, the wife smelt it two days later when she got back and wasn't happy. I just don't understand how you see the youngsters starting smoking nowadays when they know how bad it is, fair enough the guys hooked on it from years of doing it but to actually start in this current climate when so much is now known is beyond me.

My son owns a vaping shop and it's very profitable I am considering going into them myself.

cant beat a bit of popcorn lung... I think they stink worst than fags and then you get the idiots that like to make as much smoke/vape as poss and I just think c**t....

In a few years we will see a massive health warning with these

cant beat a bit of popcorn lung... I think they stink worst than fags and then you get the idiots that like to make as much smoke/vape as poss and I just think c**t....

In a few years we will see a massive health warning with these
Let's not forget what cigarettes cause ? In a few years you will see them being given out on the NHS and tobacco will be a thing of the past, it's no coincidence the government has changed the rules on them under the TPD and the health warnings are now in place also all the big firms have been bought out by American tobacco companies and pharma companies.

Let's not forget what cigarettes cause ? In a few years you will see them being given out on the NHS and tobacco will be a thing of the past, it's no coincidence the government has changed the rules on them under the TPD and the health warnings are now in place also all the big firms have been bought out by American tobacco companies and pharma companies.

least you know what you are getting with tobacco.... still very early doors with vape

23 years that I'm a smoker, given it up numerous times for short periods anything from 2 days to 2 months. Every time I used a nicotine patch I just wanted to roll it up and smoke it. Tried gums, sprays, vape etc non worked. I just haven't got the commitment for it. I have a family, a dog and a job, no hobbies, I don't spend on hookers, don't gamble, been thinking about giving a go to a hypnotherapy my brother jacked it in with it.
Anyway, good luck with it!

least you know what you are getting with tobacco.... still very early doors with vape
Yes cancer, all health professionals have said vaping is a better alternative than tobacco, also the government have changed a lot in the TPD, they have the warnings, reduced the sizes of tanks, and limited the bottles to 10ml. They are here to stay and now the government want their share.

my wife has gone cold turkey since being up the duff... no interest in smoking now...

I however am smoking about 3 cubans a week at the moment :-\

is that a form of foreplay ---- Dan i thought you were straight :inocente::inocente: