Smart motorways

Members online

s61

Just to let everybody know got a speeding ticket on the M1 report of an obstruction 50 miles an hour was doing 58 so deserved it but now I find out the fine is a percentage of my weekly wage so just a warning if it say 50 do 50 and the was dozens of people overtaking me poor bastards

Hate that bit of road . To be far hate goi g to leeds. Surely they cant do a fine as a percentage

I hate all this speed camera crap... fines fair enough but points and what not is just silly.

Spend more time looking at the Speedo than you do at the dangers ahead

I came up to Milton Keynes on the bike yesterday afternoon. It was a fun ride but you never know if you have picked up a ticket along the way.

I came up to Milton Keynes on the bike yesterday afternoon. It was a fun ride but you never know if you have picked up a ticket along the way.
Depends if you frequently break law lol. I hate driving as i always creep over and go on auto pilot

Little tip Danny;
The more wheelies you pull the less chance a camera getting your plate
6C124ADD-686F-4DF8-B2AC-40BBB7DD856F.jpeg

I hate all this speed camera crap... fines fair enough but points and what not is just silly.

Spend more time looking at the Speedo than you do at the dangers ahead

Actually, I think the opposite. If you're really serious about road safety, then forget the fines and double the points. It's not just about safety these days anyway. 100mph these days is safer in a car than 70 was 30 years ago, it's about traffic management. People ignoring speed restrictions designed to control traffic flow causes bottlenecks.

Why the hell would the govt make better roads when they can hand out fines instead? Wankers.

Little tip Danny;
The more wheelies you pull the less chance a camera getting your plate View attachment 24915

Presume the missile is for Whisky Nine Nine? You want to watch the backblast on that.

Anyway, if you get caught by a camera, it just means you weren't going fast enough. Take a leaf out of Ghost Rider's book.

Drives me f**k**g mad when it shows a lane blocked yet dickheads still use it then push in causeing more congestion.
As for bikes @Danny @Tinytom the thing that pisses me of is when i.m told by a big sign to check for bikes it should say check 10 time for the crazy f**k*r who.s gonna fly past you at 100miles a hour on a b road

Drives me f**k**g mad when it shows a lane blocked yet dickheads still use it then push in causeing more congestion.
As for bikes @Danny @Tinytom the thing that pisses me of is when i.m told by a big sign to check for bikes it should say check 10 time for the crazy f**k*r who.s gonna fly past you at 100miles a hour on a b road

Be a thing of the past soon anyway. I can't see fully automated vehicles anywhere on the horizon but I do see driver assist becoming very strong over the next few years

Actually, I think the opposite. If you're really serious about road safety, then forget the fines and double the points. It's not just about safety these days anyway. 100mph these days is safer in a car than 70 was 30 years ago, it's about traffic management. People ignoring speed restrictions designed to control traffic flow causes bottlenecks.

Why the hell would the govt make better roads when they can hand out fines instead? Wankers.

Presume the missile is for Whisky Nine Nine? You want to watch the backblast on that.

Anyway, if you get caught by a camera, it just means you weren't going fast enough. Take a leaf out of Ghost Rider's book.

I got pulled in Nuremberg Germany 3 years ago, van was proper loaded but within limit, they pulled me out of the services parking lot after having breakfast, had to follow them off the motorway to a weigh bridge, I couldn't possibly keep up they were doing well over 100-110mph while me in the van trying to keep up, they were flashing everyone off to give me way lol it was hilarious

Ghost rider Ha! Watched all his back in the day.

If it's a % of your wage, I'll be in luck. Fcuking court will owe me money the way it's going just now.

I got flashed on the overhead gantry at Wakefield on the smart motorway. Had 78 on the clock usually stick with the lorries but non in front of me. Got carried away.

But that was late June, no ticket as yet.

But if the fine is income based then I have been on zero income this financial year and the tax man owes me. So they should be paying me to go over the limit.

I work 1 year in hand.

I got flashed on the overhead gantry at Wakefield on the smart motorway. Had 78 on the clock usually stick with the lorries but non in front of me. Got carried away.

But if the fine is income based then I have been on zero income this financial year and the tax man owes me. So they should be paying me to go over the limit.

I work 1 year in hand.

I haven't been that way in quite a while - or indeed driven in the UK.

If it is what I think it is and nothing has changed, then you're in luck. Overhead gantries are matrix cameras and they don't flash. Whatever flashed wasn't a speed camera,.

I work 1 year in hand.

They have 14 days to notify you so you are safe :D