Small job pricing

Members online

I find those in “good” jobs the worst, rendered a house the other week, the woman goes I’ve had a calculation about the hours you have been here & that’s more than I earn and started trying to pay me her wage. Told her I’d rather take it back off.
Wtf? Cheeky cow :LOL: how did that end up?

Another good one was someone wanted me to put some new guttering up while I was at it, they would give me £20 for it As it’s only a few screws I said i can do it but not for £20. Offered to loan them my ladder and they could pop a few screws in, apparently ”oh no it’s too high I might fall”.

last I heard someone had charged them £700

glad to hear I’m not the only one I was starting to doubt myself

Plasterers work to a tape not a clock, we have our own time zones, no one understands wet materials and the setting times.
tis a black art our game !!
so lets all price accordingly
You still won't get through to some people,there will be lads who work 4 peanuts until end of time as there thick as 2 planks and think there earning good money but in truth they aint

You still won't get through to some people,there will be lads who work 4 peanuts until end of time as there thick as 2 planks and think there earning good money but in truth they aint
One lad I know tries to get me to subi for £10 an hour, reckons that’s all he is getting, yet he has a half a million pound house, no wonder if all his lads are getting a tenner an hour.

I always love the "there's no half days in this game" shite. I assume none of you have repeat customers, as imagine charging £300 to skim 2 ceilings. Then they ask for a quote a month later for the last bedroom ceiling, yeah no worries it's £300. Sorry, what?!

All depends on what you do. Fine when theres loads of work about, but when the s**t hits the fan, people will soon deviate from their 'principles'.

I agree that you shouldn't be charging peanuts for little jobs, but there are genuine customers who want a few smaller jobs doing and no-one will give them the time of day. If you can factor these into your schedule so you're not going to far out of your way then you may often end up with a customer for life, who will then turnaround and want loads of bigger stuff doing and you've gained their trust. Not always, there are time wasters, but don't be dismissive until you've weeded out the time wasters.

@Nath80
Bottom feeder!!!
Ha point still stands. You'd look a right t**t if you said that and they wouldn't accept your second quote and you'd lose all subsequent work. I'd bet any money every plasterer who says there's no such thing as a half day has worked for less than full day rate before on smaller jobs. All bravado and bullshit

Ha point still stands. You'd look a right t**t if you said that and they wouldn't accept your second quote and you'd lose all subsequent work. I'd bet any money every plasterer who says there's no such thing as a half day has worked for less than full day rate before on smaller jobs. All bravado and bullshit
One thing I ain’t is a bullshitter you stupid boy! I’ve done plenty of small jobs that can only take half a day or even less but the customer will always still get charged a full days money. I’ll leave all the £40 cash, cloakroom ceilings to you and all your bottom feeding mates!
;) :tanguero:

One thing I ain’t is a bullshitter you stupid boy! I’ve done plenty of small jobs that can only take half a day or even less but the customer will always still get charged a full days money. I’ll leave all the £40 cash, cloakroom ceilings to you and all your bottom feeding mates!
;) :tanguero:
So if a customer you've worked for before asks you to do a job that's half the amount of work you quote them the same? Absolute b*ll***s

Why is it b*ll***s?I charge a day regardless.If I send one of my lads to a job and it's a f**k**g patch they get charged a day, however I do encourage clients to have that third ceiling you mentioned at the same time to make it cost effective or it will be another visit.Its called running a business.

So if a customer you've worked for before asks you to do a job that's half the amount of work you quote them the same? Absolute b*ll***s
Yes of course I would and have! If you sell yourself correctly and professionally then all you have to do is explain that you can’t possibly fill your day anywhere else. Most decent people understand and will pay for the full day. f**k sake I’m giving you lessons on how to run your business now for free!! By the way i also only work on price not bottom feeders day rates. One more tip for you and then I’m out, Do yourself a favour and get rid of the Slazenger joggers and ripped T-shirt then you might just get some decent jobs. (y)

Yes of course I would and have! If you sell yourself correctly and professionally then all you have to do is explain that you can’t possibly fill your day anywhere else. Most decent people understand and will pay for the full day. f**k sake I’m giving you lessons on how to run your business now for free!! By the way i also only work on price not bottom feeders day rates. One more tip for you and then I’m out, Do yourself a favour and get rid of the Slazenger joggers and ripped T-shirt then you might just get some decent jobs. (y)
Crazy

I always love the "there's no half days in this game" shite. I assume none of you have repeat customers, as imagine charging £300 to skim 2 ceilings. Then they ask for a quote a month later for the last bedroom ceiling, yeah no worries it's £300. Sorry, what?!
Plenty of repeat customers bud, its all very well being a good spread/screeder but if you are no good at business then you WILL be working like a black man for the rest of your natural .
In that case whats the point of learning a hard trade that will eventually destroy your body , its your choice at the end of the day, my other half works for amex , project management, deals with yanks all the time , $700 a day is the norm !
i"m out for what i can get mate
unless anyone of my fellow guys need a hand !

What would you charge for this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200705-203807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-203807_Gallery.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 191
Plenty of repeat customers bud, its all very well being a good spread/screeder but if you are no good at business then you WILL be working like a black man for the rest of your natural .
In that case whats the point of learning a hard trade that will eventually destroy your body , its your choice at the end of the day, my other half works for amex , project management, deals with yanks all the time , $700 a day is the norm !
i"m out for what i can get mate
unless anyone of my fellow guys need a hand !
I work 3 days a week mate

What about lonsdale trainers

I priced a job earlier,I work 2 days a week maybe 3 as I'm winding down.bathroom ceiling over skim and walls overskim.room is 2.1 x 2.9 .materials your looking at £50 ish.what would you charge labour? I've secured the job at £570.i could murder it in the day but I don't need to,will be the easiest 2 days of my life