small houses

Members online

algeeman

It’s A Boy
@Vincey
got a call earier 20 houses need bashing before xmas mate.
persimmons buckshaw village.
i was skimming little 2 beds in 2 days ...our machine sir 2 of us to make it pay we need to skim 1 a day.
are you up for it my friend x

They’re still building at Buckshaw?! Can’t be many more now they’re running out of space.

Could earn half of that in a couple of days domestics without working like a navvy. Did a ceiling this morning for 160 and was driving away a 11.30

Didn't mean it to sound cocky reading back but it's right. Ceiling this morning 160 and hall stairs and landing thursday and friday for 480 takeaway 40 for materials ?

Didn't mean it to sound cocky reading back but it's right. Ceiling this morning 160 and hall stairs and landing thursday and friday for 480 takeaway 40 for materials ?
Yes, but on site you don't have to quote, gear dropped by the plot, you scrape out when done, don't have to worry about Mrs Jones's precious china cabinet etc.
Site and domestic both have pros and cons

Reactions: gps
@algeeman id put money on it that you are quicker than the machine, if you could do 1 of these houses in 2 days, I’d say the machine will slow you down.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.

@algeeman id put money on it that you are quicker than the machine, if you could do 1 of these houses in 2 days, I’d say the machine will slow you down.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.

ive seen a gang on youtube firing on big areas fairly rapid with machine.
maybe on pokey houses skimming but the machine takes out the fatigue.
coating is the busy part to spreading the rest is a doddle.
rendering id say the machine would spray on quicker aswell.

ive seen a gang on youtube firing on big areas fairly rapid with machine.
maybe on pokey houses skimming but the machine takes out the fatigue.
coating is the busy part to spreading the rest is a doddle.
rendering id say the machine would spray on quicker aswell.

floating on price is a bollox aswell.....having to put x amount on before 1 oclock tidy up then drop back to skim it.

the machine sounds quite usefull here(y)

floating on price is a bollox aswell.....having to put x amount on before 1 oclock tidy up then drop back to skim it.

the machine sounds quite usefull here(y)
Welcome have a pump as well. We rarely use it to be honest.
We were doing 2 storeys earlier this year with Hard coat (same as yeer tough coat).
Anyways auger broke one day and we started mixing in a half barrel beside the spot board. After a day or so we were actually quicker without the machine. It's been left at home since.
We really only got it for areas that were that bit big for 2 and 1 gang to handle as we had a few of them at that time.

Reactions: gps
Welcome have a pump as well. We rarely use it to be honest.
We were doing 2 storeys earlier this year with Hard coat (same as yeer tough coat).
Anyways auger broke one day and we started mixing in a half barrel beside the spot board. After a day or so we were actually quicker without the machine. It's been left at home since.
We really only got it for areas that were that bit big for 2 and 1 gang to handle as we had a few of them at that time.
What machine you using John?

Not a f###kin clue. It belongs to the other lad really. Good in it's own right in the right place I. E big areas for skimming but for small poky rooms, I don't know.
Was the machine mixing it.

We use the machine for hardcoat aka as hardwall in the UK. The machine will piss all over mixing and hand balling. And is a lot cleaner. All u need is 2 men doing hardcoat with the machine. Long spray gun gets the tops of the walls to.

Was the machine mixing it.

We use the machine for hardcoat aka as hardwall in the UK. The machine will piss all over mixing and hand balling. And is a lot cleaner. All u need is 2 men doing hardcoat with the machine. Long spray gun gets the tops of the walls to.
No the labourer was mixing it for the machine. It's really only for skimming this machine to the best of my knowledge. Will find out the exact one it is on Tuesday (if I think) been as I won't see him till then.
I haven't really had much to do with it TBH as I'm usually spatting and troweling flat out the few times we did use it.