Small H/S/L on domestics

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryed

Private Member
I ******* hate them. Nowhere to put all your stuff as its in the way wherever you put it. After each one I always say never again then see the £££ signs when I go look at one then end up regretting every second of doing it once I'm there

hahahaha....il ditto,ditto,ditto that fela.....

specialy love battern that youve got in van either beeing too short or long everytime!!!!!

and a full family trying to get ready in and out of rooms whilst your trying to sheet up every morning mega!!!!

enjoy mate

zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Got a beaut of a h/s/l this week. 4 different types of heavy artex on walls and ceilings to betokontakt, bond, then skim. Messy!!! Can't wait until its over before I've even started.

Haha love those as well. In future any job that is too small to take a lab on with will not be getting done, my body feels like I've done a full house in a day

I ******* hate them. Nowhere to put all your stuff as its in the way wherever you put it. After each one I always say never again then see the £££ signs when I go look at one then end up regretting every second of doing it once I'm there

The worst!! Always price a day for cleaning!! Did one last week carpeted throughout!! Used the sticky plastic for carpets saved so much hassle it's unreal! A morning sheeting it all up, up to the curve on the shirts and stinger, cost about £40 for 4 rolls but worth every penny from not tripping over fuxkin dust sheets!

i feel for ya bud :)

and corridors with 6 gloss doors to clean along with all those arckys, skirts/ loft hatch, stair ballastory (dont know how spelt) and stairs stringer...

and kids back at 3pm just as your half way through your 2nd gauge of the day!!!!!

can i just get pass to go to the toilet!!!..."yes no problem il just get down off this battern and move everything again!!!"

i mean its not like the jobs been booked in for a month and youve had time to arrange being out till i finish in another couple of hrs!!!!

aghhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate domestics and people in general for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!

zombie

you have to price accordingly for domestics, I use to do loads but I prefer refurbs, I have been to houses that we plastered months back , the are carpeted ,painted and they said Oh sorry meant to ask you to put the coving up...

starting job tomorrow customer just been on the phone saying next few days kids are being looked after by grandparents,husband away working in newcastle,wife away all day at work, and he is asking me if i will be allright by myself in the house ,leaving tea out help yourself, wish everyjob was like this,said no problem i will be okay ,good start to week hope it continues

starting job tomorrow customer just been on the phone saying next few days kids are being looked after by grandparents,husband away working in newcastle,wife away all day at work, and he is asking me if i will be allright by myself in the house ,leaving tea out help yourself, wish everyjob was like this,said no problem i will be okay ,good start to week hope it continues

Oooo after work blowies! While the hubby's away the wifey needs a seeing to!! HELLO!! This job sounds like a winner to me :RpS_thumbsup:

haha when i first got with my missus she told me years ago that her parents had a wall in her bedroom plastererd, but she diddnt get out of bed, a bed that was right against the wall, and the spread actually sheeted over her and did it around her haha

i usually do bathrooms reskims for wickes through a bathroom fitter and some times he has to leave the bog in if its the only one in the house and ive lost count of the times ive refused to go around the bog or anywhere near it till all the richards and jimmys are flushed and all the curly clock springs have been cleaned away

Do you do half bucket sets Malc

my youngest son[who is 40] and myself work together. we arrive on the job at 8.00am, we prep, sheet up, pva, and start to reskim about 9.00. this set finishes about 11.30 till 11.45. i have a sandwich, my son preps the next area, 12. we put on ,finish 2.30.usually a hit is three to four bags. we leave the property 3.o clock having earned a lot more then the average plasterer

haha when i first got with my missus she told me years ago that her parents had a wall in her bedroom plastererd, but she diddnt get out of bed, a bed that was right against the wall, and the spread actually sheeted over her and did it around her haha

Did he finger her? I would of

my youngest son[who is 40] and myself work together. we arrive on the job at 8.00am, we prep, sheet up, pva, and start to reskim about 9.00. this set finishes about 11.30 till 11.45. i have a sandwich, my son preps the next area, 12. we put on ,finish 2.30.usually a hit is three to four bags. we leave the property 3.o clock having earned a lot more then the average plasterer
Thats excellent, nice to see someone earning

Thats excellent, nice to see someone earning

we are lucky as to the area we live in, after reading most of the posts on here, i will not be moving!
jan is alway busy as the city boys get their bonus.

Last edited:
When doing bathrooms out i supply a caravan toilet for the customer touse, emptied evry day. This way i can just get on and do the bathroom, perhaps you lads astering could do the same save customers running up and down stairs for wc.

Or charge 500 quid and let them piss you off all day or better still don't bother .....

Cant belive u just told us lot that matey! lol looking for some serious banter saying stuff like that.

we alway get our local plumber to remove toilet, hand basin, etc. we then reskim and he replaces the sanitary ware. easy!

fnck me malc how much do you charge??
and if you refit the stuff why do you get someone in to take it out?

When doing bathrooms out i supply a caravan toilet for the customer touse, emptied evry day. This way i can just get on and do the bathroom, perhaps you lads astering could do the same save customers running up and down stairs for wc.

Mmm taking it to the extreme now...
what I do when I have to do a h/s/l or toilet is to put the whole family up in 5* hotel for a week :RpS_laugh:

LOL rarely do HSLs go that smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.