slowing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if its just me but work seams to be getting harder to come by round stockport manchester area anyone else finding it tough

ive been steady all year but had to check my fone werent broke at wknd just gone realy quiet this past month hopefuly just my time to be slow and will pass and pick up again never realy had it like this before so a bit un nerving:RpS_crying:

Been pretty much flat out since march last year and now it just seems to off come to a stand still, we were supposed to start the other half of a massive stone effect system this month, but the t**t e-mailed me and said he has put it on hold for a month or two cos he just bought a new helicopter and is busy getting used to it :RpS_blink:

Only ever got two weeks ahead of myself at anyonetime.but its still coming in just about!you just don't know what's round the corner ! That's the game were in.

lol bet that went down well warrior!!!!!!!! that takes some beating talk about rubbing your face in it!!!!!!!:RpS_mad:

Don't know about anyone else but my phone hasn't stopped for the last couple of weeks. At least 1-2 calls a day and 99% of them are from the website that danny did for me. Worth every penny that thing was

Don't know about anyone else but my phone hasn't stopped for the last couple of weeks. At least 1-2 calls a day and 99% of them are from the website that danny did for me. Worth every penny that thing was

serious beddy that seems unbelievable 10 leads a week from a website is brilliant.
ps did u get my message about the friendly

whats ur website gayboy?

Gotta agree with beddy I've had a fair amount of work off the website, plus those jobs have lead to other work for their relatives etc....
Been busy really since last July & got about 2 months work in front so far.
But you just never know what's round the corner in this game.

My advice is get a website(See Danny), get your van signed up with vinyl or magnetic signs,
get some T-shirts with company name/logo etc & business cards.
It all helps & I've had work from all 4 of the above.:RpS_thumbup:

I know blokes who have none of the above & moan when they have no work,
My website, van signs, couple of t-shirts & 1000 good quality business cards only cost me £525!
This was paid for within a month as i had a £1600 job from the website :RpS_thumbup:

Mainly Domestic & for small builders for me.
Not been on a big site for about 4years :RpS_thumbup:

Not what you know but who you know . and above all else do your very best on every job.

ive been at this plastering nonscence for a while now and im working for small builders mostly and there starting to struggle which knocks on to me, im going to spread my net a bit further and phone a few old contacts etc

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting loads of calls every week but the last couple of weeks its been mental. Got my website onto the first page of google and its made a hell of a difference. I probably won't get all of the jobs but obviously the more quotes you do the more jobs you get. The first job I got off it was about 2k so the rest were/are pure profit. Oh and nick my website is www.nicklovesbigblackcock.co.uk

My prices aren't the problem, its because I'm subbing for an insurance firm full time so can only do my own work at wikends, if it keeps coming in like this then i might jack in the insurance stuff as it does my head in

Test the water & put your prices up Steve - if you're turning it away:RpS_thumbup:

basic business beddy. supply and demand. a premium is must for high demand. if there just fishing for quotes then theres your problem. i have a basic design for my website. not launched cos im busy enough on word of mouth. turn enough jobs away as it is.

Really slow for me just a couple of days here and ther....Got a couple of jobs booked up but not for few weeks, nothing booked up for the mean time

I have had the last couple of weeks out of work, but only because people have delayed the work till mid june due to finances. I think some people had over spent over the bank holidays. I have a few weeks booked in so I have enjoyed the time off with the family.
I usualy get very worried if im off for a week or two and the phone hasnt rang but its just how it is when you are self employed.
Beddy, you used the working mans web domination too didnt you? and flynny i think?

henry. london. i work mostly for established builders. nothing major at the moment though just people adding value or expanding properties. few nice numbers every so often. cant always fit some in. i get quite spells though. then im a man of leisure!

Status
Not open for further replies.